P3P crash help

Reaction score
Got a P3P last week as my P3A was sent to DJI due to a crash that my brother in law did while flying.
So on my 2nd flight today on the P3P, I am trying to drain the battery after a flight, it just loses control and crashes to the ground.

I had lost signal early in the flight as I was testing my distance, but I was flying about 25 ft in the air in a parking lot, and all of a sudden it looks like it was trying to flip and it crashed to the ground. Damage isn't terrible, and appears mostly cosmetic but need to figure out if the battery popped out before or after the crash?
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=cWklzI
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Any help would be appreciated

Try uploading your log to phantom help. Not enough info in HD to help here.

Btw- I'm guessing you realise you were flying from a spot pretty much exactly between two airports?

Try uploading your log to phantom help. Not enough info in HD to help here.

Btw- I'm guessing you realise you were flying from a spot pretty much exactly between two airports?

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Did notice, was flying with others that have flown multiple times from that same location and they picked the spot. Thanks for the reminder though.

Appreciate any insight regarding the log.

I think its incomplete because the battery possibly flew out right as control was lost?

I just couldnt tell as all I noticed was the drone almost flipping over and when it landed the battery was out, but I am not 100% sure if the battery came out on the landing or before...

Do you suggest I send it to DJI?

See attached damage, and let me know if think worth sending in:
IMG_2091.JPG IMG_2092.JPG IMG_2093.JPG

Seems corrupted and incomplete.

No way your battery was 60+ volts at 18%.

Yup the log is messed now up thanks to DJI Go's latest update!

I don't know about IOS but Logs created with Android and viewed in DJI's log viewer are garbage. Logs created in v2.83 are still working fine.
For some reason H.D seems to be able to read the log?

See attached damage, and let me know if think worth sending in:
View attachment 63407 View attachment 63408 View attachment 63409
No, that'll buff right out....

As long as it flies OK and the motors are not moving and the gimbal works you should be fine. Replace the props, even if they look OK (they're cheap and if they have any sort of weakness, you may well have another exciting crash, this time from 200 feet).

But once you figure out the initial issue, start the AC without the props, check everything out that you can (gimbal movement, calibration, check your sensor values). Put the the props on, spin it up. If that seems OK, pop it in the air.

Did you hit the battery ejection lever?

Joking... There was a huge discussion on this already about batteries popping out of the birds

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you hit the battery ejection lever?

Joking... There was a huge discussion on this already about batteries popping out of the birds

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a way to determine if the battery did eject before the crash

Is there a way to determine if the battery did eject before the crash

The phantom's have always been designed to allow the battery to pop out upon impact.

As Mocho pointed out, dji's most recent update in the GO app has changed the way log files are being viewed. This will continue with all upcoming app versions as well. Those that develop viewer tool's are making some efforts now for a revision to their tools. In the meantime there is 2 options available to get around this viewing issue. You can simply delete the 2.8.4 app version from your device and install 2.8.3 as option #1. On Option #2 you can go through the process of downloading the DAT file of that same flight. Once you retrieve the DAT file you need place it in your DropBox and paste the link to it in a thread.

1.Power up GO App device, R/C
2.Connect USB cable from micro usb port on nose of P3 to usb port on PC.
3.Power up P3
4.In GO App select MC Settings --> select Advanced Settings Advanced Settings --> Enter flight data mode.
5.A Data drive should appear with list of DAT files
6.Use the date on the FLYXXX.DAT files to confirm --> then select file with largest file size
7.Save to PC and place in DropBox public folder
8.Copy public Address Link and share on phantompilots.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31