P3P Crash/advice

Reaction score
Well, It happened. I had my first crash tonight and I can't blame anyone but myself. Although it was a minor crash and I wasn't very high, in fact I was barely off the ground, It did break one of the props and chipped another. I guess it was more like a turnover than a crash. The bird seems to be fine, as well as the camera and gimbal.

My question to you guys is, Although the two of the props seem ok, would you recommend trashing them as well or keep using those two? I just want to be sure that they were not knocked out of balance or something that could cause a future crash. Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks,
T

If the props are completely unscathed, then there is no reason to replace them. Inspect them very carefully if that's your game plan. Flex them a bit to make sure there are no hairline cracks around the hub and inspect the inside of the hub.

If you decide to keep the props, it would be a good idea to balance them again. Balancing is a good idea for new props though too.

If you decide to keep the props, it would be a good idea to balance them again. Balancing is a good idea for new props though too.

OK, being new to this, I'm not sure on how to balance them. Wouldn't the stock DJI props already be balanced or is this something that should be done regardless?

I've never owned a stock set of props that were balanced out of the package. I use the SpeedyTM prop balancer to balance them. You can find a complete list of prop balancing accessories here.

Here's a good tutorial on balancing props:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just replace the props.. It's cheap compared to damaging the camera or other parts due cracked props..

Reactions: Masonmedia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers