P3p cracked body @ motor mount

Reaction score
... I've had my p3p only for a few months, and I have really enjoyed using it.

... now what?

[emoji33] [emoji37][emoji43]

c8a246643b85aa28ddf620f73a11775b.jpg
458666b1b830d234d3faf85fa2fd6d15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Contact DJI support. They should fix it for free. Or, you could purchase a new shell and replace it yourself.

I can't see the crack on my iPhone. If it's a minor crack, repair it immediately else get ready to change the shell.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just had the same problem with mine. The little metal part thats infused in the plastic that you would screw into had fallen out, so I used epoxy to put it back into place. Waiting for it to dry fully currently!

I've had my p3p for two months now and this worries me to death. I look at the same area on mine before and after flying. I'm losing faith in DJI.

I had a small crack between the motor mount screws on mine. I contacted customer support by email. The same day I had a UPS return label. They put on a new, updated shell and had it back to me in no time. My experience with DJI customer support has been very positive.

Reactions: foxtrot101
I had a small crack between the motor mount screws on mine. I contacted customer support by email. The same day I had a UPS return label. They put on a new, updated shell and had it back to me in no time. My experience with DJI customer support has been very positive.
I'm going to give that a try.

I have not looked yet but did you find their customer service email on their website? Thanks for everyone's input.

I can't see the crack on my iPhone. If it's a minor crack, repair it immediately else get ready to change the shell.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I thought the same thing but I'm noticing that the shell seems slightly loose on this side between the motor and the battery compartment... makes me wonder what else may be loose inside?

And I was worried that I'd void the warranty if I did a repair myself.

I've had my p3p for two months now and this worries me to death. I look at the same area on mine before and after flying. I'm losing faith in DJI.
I think the UAVbits.net strong arm kit helps. I use them and I've never had a crack. I've got two P3Ps, over 1.5mil feet mileage.

By the way, this post would get more replies if posted in the appropriate P3P discussion area.

I had the exact experience. I used the email option and they sent me the label, replaced the shell under warranty and sent it back to me within 2 business days. I was very pleased with their great customer service.

I had the exact experience. I used the email option and they sent me the label, replaced the shell under warranty and sent it back to me within 2 business days. I was very pleased with their great customer service.
Wow 2 days!?! You're giving me some serious inspiration now haha good to know, thanks!

I think the UAVbits.net strong arm kit helps. I use them and I've never had a crack. I've got two P3Ps, over 1.5mil feet mileage.

By the way, this post would get more replies if posted in the appropriate P3P discussion area.
Does installing these void warranty ? If it cracks I'm still covered but I'm worried they could use that against me.

I contacted DJI customer service a couple of days ago, and have submitted all of their requested info... they said they would be sending me an RMA# and return info shortly (today at 2 pm) but here I am typing this post as I still wait.

Hopefully I'll see something actually happen tomorrow, I hate feeling like I'm just being strung along :\

... fingers crossed.

I've been waiting for 3 days for a mailing label!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl