P3P controller will not update firmware, sits on green light

Reaction score
In the DJI Go app, it says updates required, the RC controller needs an update, and it can't be updated with the app.

I tried updating via SD card, fat32, only the bin file on the card, using a USB adapter, no go.
I tried updating via a USB key, no go.
I tried updating via connecting a USB cable from the Phantom with the SD card to the controller, no go.

The controller just sits there on a green light, never turning blue. The controller is an "A" version

Anyone know anything else I can try?

Which version of the firmware is installed on your remote controller now? Which version are you attempting to install?

Thanks for asking- it was 1.2, so I downloaded firmware 1.3 from DJI's site (instead of trying 1.5). It allowed me to install 1.3 via the USB method, and then the app was able to take me to 1.5. I am now on the latest.

Good! That was the problem. You need to install 1.3 before installing 1.5.

Reactions: silvertonesx24
Perhaps. I keep firmware installation instructions here too. The issue mentioned above is noted there.

In the DJI Go app, it says updates required, the RC controller needs an update, and it can't be updated with the app.

I tried updating via SD card, fat32, only the bin file on the card, using a USB adapter, no go.
I tried updating via a USB key, no go.
I tried updating via connecting a USB cable from the Phantom with the SD card to the controller, no go.

The controller just sits there on a green light, never turning blue. The controller is an "A" version

Anyone know anything else I can try?
Update using your phone now. Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers