Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware P3P controller no longer connects after controller update

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by kelleysislander, Jul 20, 2016.

1. kelleysislander

Hi All,

Well, I'm hosed!@@ I upgraded the controller firmware and it no longer connects to the P3P.

Any tips or suggestions from anybody?

Now I cannot get to the "Upgrade" prompt because it told me earlier that the update was successful, so now what do I do?

Cheers,

Bill

2. MPPilot

Have you tried hitting the link button on the aircraft and on your controller?

3. kelleysislander

Thanks for that MPPilot!

So I called DJI Technical Support and ended up RMA'ing the thing for repair back to them. It got hung up after what the DJI GO app said was a successful upgrade. All I ever got was a pale blue light where the green link light would normally be.

I tried inserting the USB stick with the FW in the slot - no response, no sounds, just the pale blue light

I tried manually linking with the aircraft by simultaneously pressing C1, C2, and Record, (should have gotten 3 beeps but got a pale blue light and crickets instead) and then pressing the wheel

I mean, this thing is FROZEN. Bad day at the beach for me, so I should get it in about 3 weeks and I expect that there will be no charge except shipping...

Cheers,

Bill