P3P Camera Problem

Reaction score
Hey,
i have a p3p with 1.10.90 firmware and Galaxy S4.
For the last 3 flights i have a problem with the camera. after 2-3 minutes of flight the image freezes but i can control the drone.

What is the problem?

What version of the Go app are you using?
Does the image go sort of black and white when it freezes ?
If you change camera modes (ie eg still to video or vice versa) does the live view come back.
Does it look like this ... Screenshot_2017-01-28-07-35-06[1].jpg
If your using one of the current versions of the Go app then my guess is your S4 just doesn't have the grunt to run the Go App .
My Samsung S5 used to run it fine but with all the additions and updates to the app in the last 8 months or so it has grown to become a real resource hog.

What version of the Go app are you using?
Does the image go sort of black and white when it freezes ?
If you change camera modes (ie eg still to video or vice versa) does the live view come back.
Does it look like this ... View attachment 80594
If your using one of the current versions of the Go app then my guess is your S4 just doesn't have the grunt to run the Go App .
My Samsung S5 used to run it fine but with all the additions and updates to the app in the last 8 months or so it has grown to become a real resource hog.

The DJI Go version is 3.1.5. The is image freezes as it, colorful. if i go to the camera options it kick me to the drone choosing menu, then i enter to camera view again and the image goes normaly for a few moments.

Do you still have telemetry when the camera feed stops?
Are you killing/stopping all other apps except for the Go App before flying? You can also put the phone into air-plane mode and see if that helps .
I would try rolling back to ver 3.1.3 and see if that version works better.
DJI will tell you that the S4 is not a supported device and will offer no help/support at all.

What is the Go App version, how far out is the bird? Do you see a message about the video signal weak? In the app is a area for messages and it records all messages with a time stamp. Did you notice this after a FW update if so have you reset to default the camera settings? If you are doing a video does it appear on the video if not then the problem is signal to the rc which might be just adjusting the video quality for your Tab S through the Image transmission. Select the HD it will bring up image transmission settings screen which shows the channel strength bars, on the first line Channel select custom which will add a line to the screen, Image Transmission Code Rate if it is at max lower it to 6mb try again. My understanding of this rate is it establishes the code rate for all channel transmission custom or auto. It could also be your SD card so be sure and try a different card first before you do too much messing around.

the telemetry works. Video signal is full. the distance to the drone is about 300-500m. i think it is not due to the drone fW upgrade maybe the app update issue.
i will try to check in the airplane mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20