P3P Camera Lens Only

Reaction score
Craziest darn thing happened, I was flying my P3P the other evening and heard a loud noise and then watched my bird flip through the air(on screen) and then right itself. I hit something in flight, but couldn't tell what it was. Wouldn't you know, I had forgot to dump the sd card before flight and just before the hit the sd card became full so I could go back and watch the video. Everything still works fine. Anywho, I have this small ding on my lens now(see pic). I am trying to avoid buying a whole camera or gimbal. Anyone have the lens only for sale or know where I could get one? I've been watching the classifieds on here and ebay and only ever see the camera and gimbal for around $300. ANot looking to spend that kind of change since everything still works fine. However, if I ever wanted to sell to upgrade I am afraid this ding might knock down my resale value. Thought it was worth an ask. Also, how hard a fix would that be?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Attachments

• ding.jpg
    ding.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 359
You just need to replace the UV filter. You can buy it here on Amazon or here from DJI.

Just unscrew the old one and screw on the new one.

The filter is very delicate. If you squeeze it tightly and/or try to use a tool to remove it, it probably won't budge. Grip it as lightly as possible. If your fingers slip, then try wrapping something rubber around it.

Reactions: Paul A Byers
If you use ND filters, you may not need that UV filter at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: sinxa
Man... and right in front of the camera too, usually even when cracked or dirty, you can't see anything on the lens. Looks like you may have been hit by a small projectile. I would think that it had to be metal to chip the lens. Wouldn't your tablet still have the back up recording?

Man... and right in front of the camera too, usually even when cracked or dirty, you can't see anything on the lens. Looks like you may have been hit by a small projectile. I would think that it had to be metal to chip the lens. Wouldn't your tablet still have the back up recording?
No both memory places were full, no way to go back and check it out, believe me, I tried. I can still see perfectly out of the lens. Looks like I got lucky!

Paul

No both memory places were full, no way to go back and check it out, believe me, I tried. I can still see perfectly out of the lens. Looks like I got lucky!

Paul
I wouldn't bother replacing it myself because I am always using an ND filter. A little mark on the lens really doesn't hurt the picture quality usually :)

I wouldn't bother replacing it myself because I am always using an ND filter. A little mark on the lens really doesn't hurt the picture quality usually :)
You must understand, I won't be able to call it mint should I decide to sell, that is all. I'm a goob like that, lol

Reactions: Reed L
my P3s doesn't have this UV out of the box. and it just fine. thats why DJI includes camera rubber cap in P3s package. the other function of this UV filter is avoid the lens accidentaly touched and get dirty.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4