P3P auto-landed 30 seconds after take off at 42% battery.

Ok so here is what happened..... The firmware is now configured so that when the battery volts reach a set point it will force the A/C to land. You likely have a battery with at least a somewhat weak or weaker cell, and that along with the amount of volts drawn at the time of launching upward (extra resources being used) and the combo of the battery being low all allowed your setup to reach that set point I just mentioned. Never launch at anytime with less then a fully charged battery. These type of things use to never happen until dji started implementing the smart battery to function the way they had intended for them to. It has been a rough road getting to where things are now with the smart battery.

Btw, if you haven't yet, you really should read the manual as it will help save you some grief at some point. Just know ahead of time that there is still a great deal of need to know info not in the current manual.
Cheers for the explanation. I have actually read the manual, but that was when I first got my P3P a year ago. I think I may be due for a re-visit since now I've had some experience. I guess I'll pick up some new things I may have missed and make more sense of others.

Cheers for the explanation. I have actually read the manual, but that was when I first got my P3P a year ago. I think I may be due for a re-visit since now I've had some experience. I guess I'll pick up some new things I may have missed and make more sense of others.

One of the problems with the manual is the lack of this smart battery info that gets shared in this forum.

One of the problems with the manual is the lack of this smart battery info that gets shared in this forum.
There is so much in these forums that the manual won't come even close to. I found that the manual just covers the bare basics to get you going. The manual should be an ongoing document, just like any full scale aircraft. It should continually be updated through memos from DJI.

I was using older firmware. I changed batteries and everything was fine.
I have since updated to the latest firmware and recharged the same battery with no issue after a test flight.
Which firmware were you using when you had the low voltage landing?

Not that anyone wants another FW revision however, DJI could disable the Phantom if one tries to launch with a partially charged battery, heck, they already disable it for the use of non-oem ones. How difficult could this be to accomplish?

Reactions: bLaStErAiD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr