P3P at night video test

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
So I wanted to get a night video and see how it did, here'e the results. It is in 4k and I don't know if me changing the settings before I took off, if that is strictly for the camera or for video as well but I changed the ISO to 1600

Not too terrible...but not as good as the video we all saw taken with a pre-production.

Very cool Jeff!

You're gonna have some fun with the time exposure stills, can't wait!

Blows my mind how much better this camera is in the dark than the V+. Nice video.

Reactions: greenie65
still.. any half-decent point-and-shoot camera takes better videos at night than this :SI think P3 owners are still in the honeymoon period :)

Blows my mind how much better this camera is in the dark than the V+. Nice video.
Thats what I was thinking. My V+ sucks in low light.

Would make me very nervous flying in such an area. What happens if you have a mechanical/electronic failure? Glad I live in the boonies. I would never fly over a busy road or densely populated area... Least not without a SERIOUS insurance policy and a well proven quad. Cool video none the less. Not trying to be a nervous Nellie here... I understand everyone has different degrees of risk tolerance.

Last edited:
Reactions: greenie65
still.. any half-decent point-and-shoot camera takes better videos at night than this :SI think P3 owners are still in the honeymoon period :)
For $1200 you can't make any half decent point & shoot fly two kilometres and provide stabilised video.
I'm liking what I see. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, the P3 has what it takes to produce great results.

Last edited:
For $1200 you can't make any half decent point & shoot fly two kilometres and provide stabilised video.
I'm liking what I see. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, the P3 has what it takes to produce great results.
Yes you Can. You can put any half decent point & shoot on a gimble on the cheapest of Phantoms with an Itelite antenna and still get all of the above with much nicer night shots than this one, whit much less money.
How can someone call this a good night video?
This is for you a GREAT result on a night video? I can get better quality at night with my iphone!

Reactions: Prylar Bek
Because compared to the P2V+ (which is what we're all referencing, you'll notice), it is.
Nope, the guy who posted it never mentioned the P2V+.
And that is a great way of thinking: Compared to Torture puling a tooth is GREAT.
But is not really great is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers