P3P and samsung galaxy s4

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new to me phantom professional. Seems to work fine. I can connect fine with the galaxy, but when using the "follow me" mode. It informs me that "my device does not support gps" - but it does, according to the box. The "location" tab in the settings is on, but I cant get it to work.... Any ideas why?

Is GPS enabled in your phone (settings, location)?
I don't have a S4, so I am not sure what are exact name of menu entries, but there should be a selection to allow third party app to access phone location, it has to be set.
Also there should be a flag to enable GPS in addition to wifi to define phone location. GPS should be enabled I would say.

Thanks Droneason, yes, GPS is enabled. Dumb question - it is a tablet, not a phone. Do I need cell service to allow follow me? It works on my S5 phone.

You don't need cell service, I don't have it on my tablet and follow me work when I tested it. It is in any case recommended to be in airplane mode with all wireless turned off.
I heard that some tablets have not a GPS or it is not usable, what model of table do you use? S4 is a
phone, right?

Sorry, Let me clarify. It is a samsung galaxy tab 4 tablet. On the box it says "GPS/Glonass" but the DJI app says "device does not support GPS" when using "follow me"

Sorry, Let me clarify. It is a samsung galaxy tab 4 tablet. On the box it says "GPS/Glonass" but the DJI app says "device does not support GPS" when using "follow me"
Just to be sure, it has to be set to "high accuracy" or "GPS only" to use really GPS for location report.
GPS.png

Are you using the tab with minimum updates and even roll back of "google play service" as it was required by the old DJI PILOT app? If yes, then you can try with latest version, it work nice for me.

So either tab 4 GPS is not compatible with the GO app or something else make it incompatible.
Did you tried to uninstall the app, delete all DJI folders and reinstall it?
That sounds like a last chance trial.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj