P3P Aerial Imaging

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Where can someone completely clueless about aerial mapping get links and "Aerial Mapping for Dummies" information? This is something I'm very interested in and hope I can start using my P3P as the platform.

I need a good starting point and will build from there but right now I'm slightly over whelmed from my current search results. Everything sort of assumes you're already "Fluent" in the software, technology and nomenclature (Which I am none of the above LOL).

This information needs to be fairly adaptable (if possible) to Phantom3 platforms.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

Can you use the maps made easy third party app for data collection and then put it into pix4D?
I'm pretty sure you can use almost any images for the final product so long as they meet certain criteria. Here's a link to their Mapper software:

Pix4Dmapper Pro - Pix4D

Thanks for the heads up on the group on FB. Just now joined.

I've contacted them and asked for a Demo and a contact from their company.

Allen have you had any success? I've been working with Photogrammetry software for quite some time, but I'm new to the sUAS thing... I'm a little frustrated by the output I'm getting so far, and I'm in the middle of uploading/modeling a sample data set in 5 different software packages to see who's does what.

Some of them are freaking out if you use images with no geotag, that I find interesting. Of course with no geotag you don't get an orthophoto either.

I've had to put this on the back burner for a little while. I've been lucky enough to be very busy and haven't had time to dig into it much more.

On a side note I did read about Pix4D having released a stable version for the P3 and iOS. I'll try that next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4