P3P&A Nexus 7 & Android Caching Maps New to me.... Ok Maps

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. I have been wondering how to do this. Your post lead me to the information I needed although it is not exactly what is stated in this (old) link.
I have found that if you go into the Google maps app and move the map to the location you want to cache/save. Then tap in the search box a search menu opens along with the keypad. Taping the Android back button reveals all the menu options for the search. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page and there is in blue type a link to "Save a new offline map". Taping this takes you to a new screen showing the map area you are wanting to save. You can then adjust this map area further and click the save button to "cache" or save the map to the tablet/phone.

Thanks for your post. I have never done this before but wanted to know how. Obviously Google maps app changes and upgrades a lot. I think I had to upgrade it just like yesterday even! NOw I have it down if I need to use it. This will even be useful if I make another hike in the wilderness here.

Reactions: Energy Guy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1