P3P/A CSC stick command (causes to accidently fall out of sky)

Reaction score
Hi
I've heard that it is possible to accidently performance a stick command that causes the motors to stop mid flight and fall out of the sky? Can someone tell us more about this so we don't do it?

If you have the current Phantom firmware installed, you'll need to hold the CSC position for 3 seconds in order to stop the motors mid-flight. You can prevent a CSC from being accidentally initiated by installing the CSC Safety on your remote controller. There is no way to disable that functionality from DJI GO.

It's the same action you perform to take off, pushing both sticks to the bottom inner corners, if you do this in mid flight it will have the reverse effect causing your motors to stop that's how I understand it anyway, someone else with more experience in this field may be able to shed a little more light on this for you.

Hi
I've heard that it is possible to accidently performance a stick command that causes the motors to stop mid flight and fall out of the sky? Can someone tell us more about this so we don't do it?
The manual is compulsory reading and it covers this on p46.
You'll find the manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_en_v1.8_160719.pdf
The relevant section is here and note msinger's comment above about changes with recent firmware.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

Reactions: Pharm
The manual is compulsory reading and it covers this on p46.
You'll find the manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_en_v1.8_160719.pdf
The relevant section is here and note msinger's comment above about changes with recent firmware.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg
Re: the manual instructions above - Method 1. Don't do a CSC to stop the motors when the aircraft is on the ground. It will most likely tip the drone over.

Only use left stick (throttle) fully down for 3 seconds to stop the motors after the aircraft has landed, as detailed in Method 2.

Hi
With the new firmware, there is no way to ACCIDENTALLY do a CSC stick command. Unless you are absolutely trying to do so. You would be descending while flying backwards and spinning continually left and flying to the right. In other words, TRYING to crash.

With the new firmware, there is no way to ACCIDENTALLY do a CSC stick command.
One would think so, but it just happened here.

IF it is possible - it is a programming BUG!
CSC Command for stopping the motors need to be activated only if you pulling down left stick for more than 3 sec AND these 3 sec will be counted only IF drone do not reducing altitude anymore.

This method will avoid to stop motors at the middle of flight - stop the motors could be activated only on the solid ground.

( within 3 sec altitude not reduced during pull down the left stick )
DJI! Pick my idea please.

Last edited:
CSC is used to stop the motors in an emergency. Completely disabling it would defeat the purpose of that function.

Reactions: HWCM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1