P3A won't take pics after crash

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Hope you are all having a great Sunday. I can't fly today....and won't for some time as I crash landed due to magnetic interference affecting the compass. The only visible damage was a broken nd filter so I just changed it.
To my surprise, when I took back to the skies I notice all was ok except that that each time I tried to take a pic, a blue line spins around the onscreen circle for 10 secs before I can snap again. However, upon checking the memory card, nothing saves. Can my drone be salvaged? Am not a techie but I can understand Technical terms etc. Please help. What do I need to buy? Am traveling soon and not having drone is like an ocean without a fish....

Does the gimbal still respond to tilt commands? Is it just stills that are affected or video too? Hitting hard enough to break the filter, I would closely inspect the cables for nicks or breaks. And check that each end is fully seated in the socket.

Also, try reformatting the memory card and if that doesn't work, replacing it with a known good one. At least rule that out, because that is something you could easily fix yourself. The blue line spinning on the red circle makes me think that the camera is trying to write to the memory card but can't. Was the phantom recording when it crashed? If so maybe the memory card is corrupted.

Does the gimbal still respond to tilt commands? Is it just stills that are affected or video too? Hitting hard enough to break the filter, I would closely inspect the cables for nicks or breaks. And check that each end is fully seated in the socket.
Thanks for your quick response Richard. Yes, it still responds to tilt commands. I can see thru the lens and adjust exposure. Is there a camera diagnostic I can do?

Also, try reformatting the memory card and if that doesn't work, replacing it with a known good one. At least rule that out, because that is something you could easily fix yourself. The blue line spinning on the red circle makes me think that the camera is trying to write to the memory card but can't. Was the phantom recording when it crashed? If so maybe the memory card is corrupted.
Thanks for your response. I thought the memory card was defective so changed it. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. I can view and tilt but it doesn't record. Any software diagnostic tool I can run or anything else to check on the inside?

Thanks for your response. I thought the memory card was defective so changed it. Unfortunately, the problem still exists. I can view and tilt but it doesn't record. Any software diagnostic tool I can run or anything else to check on the inside?
Sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was something simple like the memory card. I don't think there is any software diagnostic tool you could run but other more experienced people on here might have something else to try. If you haven't already done so, I would check all the cable connections to make sure they are still seated and not loose.

I feel for you, as I am planning a road trip at end of June and to be without my drone would be a major blow, as photography is my hobby and being able to shoot a scene from the air is a perspective I don't want to loose. Good luck in finding out the source of your problem - hopefully it is something simple or won't cost an arm and a leg to fix.

I don't know of any diagnostic tool either. Again,thorough inspection of the cables is your next step. Even an apparently insignificant nick has been known to cause major problems. And remember, the cables have 2 ends. Unfortunately, you have to open the shell to check the one end. And still interested to know if it records video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan