P3a with pix4d capture app

Reaction score
I'm a land surveyor and with the leap in technology am using a UAV to carry out topo surveys with traditional methods "filling" in areas where the aircraft can't see

I own a P3a and wanted to do similar with my hobby and i recently read about pix4 capture and installed to my iPad mini eager for a test flight.

I can plan an area to capture, see that the phantom is connected but when I click start mission, I get a message to connect to usb. iPad is connect to tx with usb, pix4d app running and p3 ready to fly. Am I missing something? Any help or advice very welcome

I'm not sure the iOS version of pix4dcapture works at all with the P3. The Android version does, albeit with some connection issues of it's own. All this will (hopefully) sort out when p4d releases their new version that uses the new SDK.

If you want to use iOS to automatically capture survey grids based on overlap and GSD, then DJI Map Pilot for iOS is the way to go. It's made by Maps Made Easy as a frontend for their cloud processing service, but works equally well for any processing system. You can do the same with DroneDeploy's free app, but Map Pilot has some pretty neat features.

Has anyone tried to export the project file as an image? I have been able to send out an email of it, but the email comes very late and is blank. Also, has anyone flown a 2D grid pattern and been able to successfully fly it without having to take off within the radius of the grid? Hopefully that makes sense and someone understand this issue I am having. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.