P3A vs p4

S

sandman259

Kind of a funny story. So I bought a p3a a while ago and my next door neighbor always comes out and watches me fly with envy every time he sees me out there. So we were talking a few weeks ago and he mention he just bought a p4....now I'm jealous[emoji38] Then yesterday morning I decided to go for a fly from my driveway and he comes over with his p4. We got to talking about distance and how far he has flown his. So we decided to go out the same height and direction from my driveway in my neighborhood. I went first and went out 5800ft. Next was his turn. He only flew about 3500ft[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]....he was a little disappointed with his after seeing how far mine flew. He repeated the flight trying to get further but with no luck. In fact every direction we decided to fly I always flew a lot farther. They were both in auto channel, both calibrated, latest firmware on both, and all other settings were the same. I flew his as well and I have to admit the sport mode is pretty fun and fast and the design and build quality of the p4 is awesome but I was a little less jealous after seeing how much further mine flew[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both are good drones, enjoy what you have.

My guess is that you have the 300A controller, and he has the 300C.... I was getting similar differences in distance with my P3 and P4, then I linked the P3 controller to the P4 and achieved equal distance with both of them.

Aside from what @rockydog noted about the more powerful 300A RC, your neighbor can try a custom setting to lower his downlink bitrate to something lower than 10Mb/s. Some have reported longer flight distance with lower bitrates. That is if you even want to tell him about it. ;-)

Mines a 300b...it gets incredible range for being completely stock...I've gotten 7800ft in the middle of city Gresham or...still haven't had a chance to take it to the beach and see how far she can really go...

I notice when I fly my P3A and my dad turns his P3P on it kills my signal. I mean I can't go a few hundred feet without it killing my display.

He always wants to fly when I fly but it just doesn't work that way.

However it used to work. Not sure what changed. Software change somewhere along the line because last year we could fly side by side no issues.

Me and my neighbor took turns we didn't fly at the same time. Just cause I was worried he would run into me[emoji14]

Just took it out today...hit 10,100ft...or I should say my 11 year old son did[emoji106] it's my furthest so far out in the county. Still had good video and rc control but left at 80% battery when I decided to go for distance, so I didn't want to push it any farther. I will next time though. And this is with a completely stock setup, not even windsurfers[emoji38]

A group of us have flown at least 5 Phantoms at the same time, with no noticeable interference or degradation of signal for any pilot.
Not sure about anybody else's p4, just my own personal experience and test with my neighbors doing the same run and height several times. Maybe he got a bad one, or I got a good one[emoji12]. Who knows[emoji848]. Just found it interesting doing a side by side test..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr