P3A VPS issues

Reaction score
So this is my second P3A 3 days after receiving the first one Amazon shipped out a replacement and this one is doing the same thing. When using the VPS without GPS it is not stable AT ALL. The last one worked for about three times after updating the firmware and then I recalibrate do the IMU in the street which I assumed caused it to stop working again. However this brand new one I received today is doing the same thing. I updated, calibrated the IMU multiple times, calibrated the compass, and calibrated the gimbal multiple times. When using the VSU outside it literally drifts to the right at a pretty fair speed. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

VPS should really only be used indoors.

Without GPS I believe that it will tend to drift.

Well, it won't if the VPS is able to stabilize the Phantom. It does not work well in most outdoor situations though.

That was my thought since he said "in the street"

So this is my second P3A 3 days after receiving the first one Amazon shipped out a replacement and this one is doing the same thing. When using the VPS without GPS it is not stable AT ALL. The last one worked for about three times after updating the firmware and then I recalibrate do the IMU in the street which I assumed caused it to stop working again. However this brand new one I received today is doing the same thing. I updated, calibrated the IMU multiple times, calibrated the compass, and calibrated the gimbal multiple times. When using the VSU outside it literally drifts to the right at a pretty fair speed. Hopefully someone can help me out.
Are you aware of the limitations of the VPS?
Max Velocity Less than 8 m/s (when 2 m above ground)
Altitude Range 50 cm-300 cm
Operating Range 50 cm-300 cm
Operating Environment Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (Lux > 15)
What conditions were you trying to use it in?
It's of very limited use anyway outdoors and most users deactivate it.

Well someone from DJI answered me on the dji forum when I posted about the first time and told me it won't work in my house because the rooms aren't big enough and told me to try it outside.

Well it is dark where I am and it was at about 5 feet altitude and it was moving as if I had the right stick pressed to the right lightly. It worked with the last one after the update but isn't working with this one.

Shouldn't the IMU calibration be done with a completely cold drone, and indoors on a completely level surface?? And the gimbal also calibrated right after that?

Well someone from DJI answered me on the dji forum when I posted about the first time and told me it won't work in my house
Only about 10% of users on the DJI forum can tie their shoelaces properly.
It's not a place to get accurate information.
and then I recalibrate do the IMU in the street
In the street is not a suitable location to calibrate IMU - perhaps you meant the compass?
IMU calibration should be done on a perfectly level surface..

Reactions: msinger
Yeah the IMU was calibrated in the street on my previous P3A which is what I assume caused the VPS to mess up again. But with the one I received today I did everything inside on level surfaces except for the compass calibration. The fact of it being dark outside was my guess but it worked on the last one those three times in the dark.

Vps will not work in the dark. Period. It uses a camera to help with positioning and if its dark, well... Also make sure you are calibrating your compass away from metal objects, power lines, WiFi signals, etc...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers