P3A that only shoots 1080p??

Reaction score
I bought a new P3A from buydig.com (BuyDig.com - DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with 1080p Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal) to replace a defective one I had to send back to Amazon. It just arrived today, but I noticed the other day that the product description on the website lists the camera as shooting as high as 1080p, NOT 2.7k which is what the Advanced should be capable of. Now that I'm able to look at the box in person (which I haven't opened in case I need to send it back), I see that it also says 1080p with no mention of 2.7k. The model number is W322B which I can't seem to find much info on.

Basically, am I overthinking this? Or did I inadvertently buy a P3A model that only shoots 1080p? Thanks!

After a firmware update, the P3A camera can shoot up to 2.7k footage. Back when it was released, it only shot up to 1080p. You are good to go!

Reactions: Roverggm
Good to know, thanks! I was 95% sure I was worrying about nothing, but it never hurts to double check I suppose - especially before I go tearing into the box.

Falcorma is right. That means you got an old model of P3A. New model comes with new motors and new board and new shell.

From what I can tell, wouldn't W322B be the newest model? The controller is GL300C.

From what I can tell, wouldn't W322B be the newest model? The controller is GL300C.

I have the same..W322B with a GL300C. If this isn't the newer, what model is??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think this means you have older firmware which also means you can choose not to update to avoid some of the GEO software.

Reactions: TWP723
That's a good thing right??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Finally cracked the box open last night. Doesn't appear to be old stock. The RC had the latest firmware and the bird was on 1.5. Plus it had a DJI 10th anniversary tag hanging off the RC, which my last one lacked. The motors are the new variety.

Just curious, the first P3 yourecieved, what was wrong with it?

It had the tilted horizon issue where the gimbal would not stay level during flight and would wander, tilting first one way, then the other. Extremely careful IMU and gimbal calibrations did not correct the defect so I took advantage of Amazon's great return policy and just sent it back to them rather than deal with a warranty repair.

Mine did the same thing, but it was out of warranty, mainly due to dji not having any "real" warranty anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20