P3A Sun shade question

Reaction score
I didn't realize this until several weeks after I received my P3A, but it was supposed to come with a lens sun shade. Question for those that have it, will the shade fit over lens filters like the polar pros? I want to make sure before I order one. Thanks!

You mean a lens hood? Haven't heard those being included.

Never heard of that being included anywhere either..
At any rate, if you ever plan to use a gimbal-guard (I suggest that you consider one), then forget it..

Why wouldn't you want to use a lens hood with a gimbal guard? The guards are made to not interfere.

Why wouldn't you want to use a lens hood with a gimbal guard? The guards are made to not interfere.
Made not to interfere with a stock lens.. If your shade ads any more than 1/8th of an inch or so in length to the lens, it will hit the guard when tilting the camera downward.. At least with the Polar Pro guard, and every other one I've looked at.

Reactions: Reed L
Made not to interfere with a stock lens.. If your shade ads any more than 1/8th of an inch or so in length to the lens, it will hit the guard when tilting the camera downward.. At least with the Polar Pro guard, and every other one I've looked at.
Ok :)
I've got the Rainbowers and it just fits. That's definitely a good reason not to buy a Polar Pro... or can the filter be trimmed a touch on the bottom to make it not hit it? I was going to buy a PolarPro set up, this is really good to know, thanks :)

Hmmm. Not sure what to do. I have a gimbal guard and I always use Polar pro filters. I typically record in early morning or late afternoon for color purposes but that can be difficult sometimes because of the glare.

You have a Rainbowers gimbal guard?
Filters will fit fine with any gimbal guard.. A filter is not a lens-hood. You would want to trim the gimbal guard not the lens-hood if it did interfere. I had to trim mine a tad.
The Rainbowers filters have their own custom hood that screws on to the camera face but it fits as is with the gimbal guard with no mods needed. I meant lens hood above... age... lol. Then the filters can be stacked into the hood in different configurations.
DSC00519sm.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj