P3A Screen Interference RC firmware v. 1.8.0 for some RC's *Solved*

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know about this, because I spent probably about 8 hours talking to DJI customer service without any solution.

I was having a problem with screen interference after I flew the drone for about 3 or 4 minutes. It only affected the screen and all video and pics on microSD was good. I tried everything to remedy the problem. I read on phantom pilots to downgrade my RC firmware and I did, but my only choice was v. 1.5.8. I didn’t have any more screen interference but I couldn’t fly my drone because the app said I needed to upgrade. So, I did the auto update (v. 1.8.0) and had the same problem. So now I downgraded to 1.5.8 then I went through the down grade process again and this time it let me pick 1.6.0 and everything now works without any screen interference. So, if DJI doesn't know…..there is a problem with RC firmware v.1.8.0. please relay this to your customer service.

DJI customer service is not well organized. They would ask me to do certain steps and call back and when I would call back they would try to get me to do the same steps. I was on chat 3 times and called in 3 times for at least 8 hours. They do not keep a record of each call or chat. Frustrating.

If you do not know how to downgrade the RC firmware you can watch this video.

You may want to check if "cache during video shooting" is enabled in the advanced settings. If you are low on storage (or have very slow storage) you may experience on screen video glitches.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj