P3A Remote Controller Antenna Outputs

Reaction score
Looking at a disassembled P3A RC with the antennas facing away from you, can anyone tell me what the left side antenna and right side antenna outputs on the PCB are responsible for....i.e., left is control, right is video, etc...?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My weak understanding of Lightbridge is that the video signal, which is digital, is embedded into the radio control signal. So one output cannot be for "video."

Why are there two antennas? I don't have a P3A so I don't know for sure but my guess is the controller switches from one to the other since that's how it works in the earlier generation two-antenna controllers such as the P2V range extender. Somebody else can come in and correct me if my guess is wrong.

My weak understanding of Lightbridge is that the video signal, which is digital, is embedded into the radio control signal. So one output cannot be for "video."

Why are there two antennas? I don't have a P3A so I don't know for sure but my guess is the controller switches from one to the other since that's how it works in the earlier generation two-antenna controllers such as the P2V range extender. Somebody else can come in and correct me if my guess is wrong.

Thanks for the reply. Does seem the bulk of the data is going to be overwhelmingly video...so you would think a dedicated transmitter/antenna would be used. Will be interesting to see what the experts say.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik