P3A Refub FW Update Question

Reaction score
I just received a Phantom 3A refurb from the DJI online store. Haven't had the chance to fly it yet, because of weather, but its telling me it needs FW update.
It has
app - 3.1.1
version - 1.5.30+
RC - 1.8.0
Should it be updated, and if so, what would be the next version to update to? I have read that version 1.5 was bad, just not sure of the 1.5.3+.
Thanks in advance.

I just received a Phantom 3A refurb from the DJI online store. Haven't had the chance to fly it yet, because of weather, but its telling me it needs FW update.
It has
app - 3.1.1
version - 1.5.30+
RC - 1.8.0
Should it be updated, and if so, what would be the next version to update to? I have read that version 1.5 was bad, just not sure of the 1.5.3+.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome!

Yes, 1.5 is known bad so good job with asking. Since you have the "+" it indicates that you have higher than 1.5. Also, since your RC is 1.8, that indicates that your AC is at least 1.8 but I would guess it's actually 1.9. I know it's at least 1.8 since AC 1.8 and RC 1.6 were released together with an encryption change so you would have at least those versions on each.

My advice is to NOT update but to become familiar with what you have first and then decide later when you know more and are ore comfortable.

If you are interested, click here for tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. Several of the tips pertain to FW.

Cheers!

Welcome!

Yes, 1.5 is known bad so good job with asking. Since you have the "+" it indicates that you have higher than 1.5. Also, since your RC is 1.8, that indicates that your AC is at least 1.8 but I would guess it's actually 1.9. I know it's at least 1.8 since AC 1.8 and RC 1.6 were released together with an encryption change so you would have at least that version on each.

My advice is to NOT update but to become familiar with what you have first and then decide later when you know more and are ore comfortable.

If you are interested, click here for tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. Several of the tips pertain to FW.

Cheers!

Thanks Oso. Good to know....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik