Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3A Reception Level

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by DaveReidPhoto, Mar 25, 2016.

1. DaveReidPhoto

Hi All,
    Just a quick note (not a whinge) that i was flying my P3A today and was having a great flight.

I was at approx 2.3km from "home" and was surprised to still have 100% coverage on both HD and Controller. However in the next second (litterially in a second), i had no reception. zero - complete disconnect from aircraft.

But heres the kicker, i was able to still fly without LiveView, i was able to turn the aircraft around, and start to fly back towards me. I recovered ~300meters and then it appeared to RTH.

Luckily i was flying out in the open ( with nothing around me) and RTH happened and went upto 80 meters and came back safely. Obviously along the way i reestablished Video and Remote Control and all was well.

My questions are:
    1: Why does it go from 100% (indicated) reception to nothing - why did it not go to 75% -> 50% -> 25% etc....
    2: why when no reception (apparent disconnect on RC and LiveView) can i still fly it back
    3: why when flying it back and closer to "home" does it then RTH

As for Question 3, i can assume that interference just caused it, but i was flying back along the area that i traveled so i would have expected to run out of reception on the way out.

Whats your thoughts?

2. flpholt

i just happens sometimes had it due it a few times no big deal

3. DaveReidPhoto

agree - no big deal ta just wondering if there is a cause behind it but maybe not. maybe just one of those things.

4. alokbhargava

Answer to Q2: Video transmission and control signal transmissions are on two different channels and use two different antennas. Video will always go down first or will start skipping frames.

5. MedinaTaylor

Some sort of "radio" could have been turned on between you and the bird that overpowered your RC signal