P3A RC Cyan led and not updating

Reaction score
Hey, I am trying to update my firmware on my RC for the phantom 3 advanced. Currently when i turn on the rc the status led is a cyan color. There also is no sound. The RC version is 1.5.80 and i would like it to go to the latest firmware. The aircraft currently is at the latest firmware. I have the GL300A RC. In the DJI GO app i cannot update. Nor can i update through a flash drive and sd card. I also tried connecting it to the aircraft and update it that way. Nothing Works!! Please help me out

If you place the update firmware on the sd card, place it back in the gimbal. While the drone and RC are connected via the included cable, turn on the drone first then the RC. The RC update should begin momentarily on its own.

RedHotPoker

If you place the update firmware on the sd card, place it back in the gimbal. While the drone and RC are connected via the included cable, turn on the drone first then the RC. The RC update should begin momentarily on its own.

RedHotPoker
I have tried that. It's like the RC is in a lock mode.

RedHotPoker
Thanks for the reply tho

Man, not sure what else to try. The update for the RC should be available through the app. Not sure.
Which firmware versions are you on?

ReHotPoker

Yes, I see in my About screen.
App 2.8.3
Aircraft 1.8.80
RC version is 1.6.0
Is your Go app most recent too?
So you do have a firmware update available...

RedHotPoker

Yes, I see in my About screen.
App 2.8.3
Aircraft 1.8.80
RC version is 1.6.0
Is your Go app most recent too?
So you do have a firmware update available...

RedHotPoker
Go app is latest aswell. I can't get the RC to connect to the aircraft either. Do you have FaceTime or Skype so I can show you or pm you? Thanks a lot of taking the time to help out. Appreciate it a lot

No I don't use any chat or video conferencing apps or webcam stuff. But will try and help any of you that only require very "basic" assistance.

We should be able to figure this out.
Unless you indeed, have a faulty RC controller.
How long have you had it, where did you buy it? Very likely it could be returned, exchanged, or far worse, sent in for repair.
Perhaps it could be replaced at no charge to you. But before all that...
Ah, when you plug the RC cable into the drone, it's on the gimbal ~ opposite side from the sd card, correct?
And not into the drone itself. ;-)

RedHotPoker

No I don't use any chat or video conferencing apps or webcam stuff. But will try and help any of you that only require very "basic" assistance.

How long have you had it, where did you buy it? Very likely it could be returned, exchanged, or far worse, sent in for repair. But before all that...
Perhaps it could be replaced at no charge to you.
Ah, when you plug the cable into the drone, it's on the opposite side from the sd card, correct?

RedHotPoker
Ok. So my brother stepped on the remote and made it so that the right stick wouldn't stay in the center on the vertical axis. So we took it apart and put the spring back on the plastic part and it was fixed. We rebuilt the RC and when we tried to turn on the phantom and the RC, we wouldn't get video or any control from the phone. But we did get control from the gimbal. I could hold on the screen and adjust up and down. Then we realized something must have rebooted when we took apart the RC. What we did was "reset" the RC by holding c1, c2, record, right scroll wheel. That's where the cyan light came from. That's what happened. Now this is where I am at. I think by opening my RC I voided the warranty but I didn't want to send it back to dji

How long have you had it, where did you buy it? Very likely it could be returned, exchanged, or far worse, sent in for repair.
Perhaps it could be replaced at no charge to you. But before all that...
Ah, when you plug the RC cable into the drone, it's on the gimbal ~ opposite side from the sd card, correct?

RedHotPoker
Yes into the gimbal

Could you have a look at this thread over on the DJI site?
Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced RC Firmware 1.5.70 Support Thread
Hopefully gain some insight into this normally straight forward procedure. ;-)
Not sure about void warranty repair or internal RC workings. But please read the thread and see if anything may help you to understand the process better.

If the RC is indeed damaged, then banging our head against the wall only works until we pass out or bleed out...

RedHotPoker

Perhaps the RC is damaged somewhat internally, or something isn't connected correctly. The mystery thickens when you admit to internal tinkering and this previous injury to the unit. Yikes!!

I am innocently attempting to put a bandage on an open heart surgery incision. Dr.Jekyll ~ Mr Hyde... In reverse. Haha

RedHotPoker

Perhaps the RC is damaged somewhat internally, or something isn't connected correctly. The mystery thickens when you admit to internal tinkering and this previous injury to the unit. Yikes!!

I am innocently attempting to put a bandage on an open heart surgery incision. Dr.Jekyll ~ Mr Hyde... In reverse. Haha

RedHotPoker
Yeah could be but I was very careful and I checked all connections.

Would you be willing to reopen the RC body, and look again?
I am not at all familiar with the inner workings and couldn't help you beyond suggesting that it might possibly be a solution. Short of sending it in.

RedHotPoker

Would you be willing to reopen the RC body, and look again?
I am not at all familiar with the inner workings and couldn't help you beyond suggesting that it might possibly be a solution. Short of sending it in.

RedHotPoker
I could but I feel like it's a software issue

So we took it apart and put the spring back on the plastic part and it was fixed. We rebuilt the RC and when we tried to turn on the phantom and the RC, we wouldn't get video or any control from the phone.
If all was well before opening the remote controller (minus the stick issue), then it seems you disconnected and/or broke something while you were working in there. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the remote controller, but you could at least open it back up and see if anything appears to be visually disconnected and/or damaged. If that does not pan out, then sending it into DJI or another repair shop is probably going to be your best bet.

If all was well before opening the remote controller (minus the stick issue), then it seems you disconnected and/or broke something while you were working in there. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the remote controller, but you could at least open it back up and see if anything appears to be visually disconnected and/or damaged. If that does not pan out, then sending it into DJI or another repair shop is probably going to be your best bet.
Okay thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers