Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3A photos help and advice

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Nejkoy, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Nejkoy

I have P3A for about two weeks now. I'm not a lot into photography. I have changed settings for white balance and style to -2-2-2 for manual shooting. I know I need to edit it. Today I set all to auto and go for still photos. I have read a lot for problems on camera. Can you look at my photos and help if focus is OK and that pictures are fine for that sort of camera? I think they are choopy and not sharpen.
    I uploaded RAW and JPEG. Weather was cloudy, and pictures are direct from SDCARD.

Link to DROPBOX

thank you

2. maxwell smart

Well the first thing is to make sheer the P3 is at a stand still. I mean hovering steady when you take a pic.
    I am no photographer. And trial and error, is the best way to learn. When I am shooting pics I always take several pics, and play with the settings. Then try and remember what setting I used that got the best results. Hope I was some help.
    By the way those look good to me.

3. Nejkoy

Yes I had some problems with still hovering. I fix that with IMU calibration.I think 100% steady it cant be. But its better
    when at first.

4. CaptainDrone798

Photography with the Phantom is a lot of trial and error. I've been a photographer for a long time and I find that the Phantom 3 (all versions) does take photos & video similar to what you would achieve with a good cell phone camera. Sometimes to bring the photo magic out, you'll need to be inventive with post production.

Many Phantom owners don't realize that a good photo or video begins with a clean lens. The Phantom lens needs to be cleaned often.

Here is a short video I made showing how to clean the lens & lens cover.

grottoli likes this.
  5. Nejkoy

Then my camera is just like normal and photos are in range? There is nothing wrong? Will try to clean it from time to time.

6. Muva Bee

I would say they are fine. They should look bit sharper when lighting is good.
    Are you from Croatia or somewhere around there?

7. Nejkoy

Yes, just clouds and rain here. With better conditions, think pictures should improve. I'm from Slovenia :)