P3A Payload

Reaction score
Anyone tried to carry something with their drone? I want to carry a payload of about 2 lbs for a mile or so. Possible?

Ok, no laughing...
A plastic bag with a couple of bagels in it. A friend runs a Panera Bread shop. I want to make the first order/delivery by drone in our town. (Maybe get him some publicity while doing it!)

I'm concerned how much the payload will affect flight/battery/range.
Two pounds sounds like it would have a significant impact on performance and range.
The new camera for the Inspire really eats flight time.

Sounds like something for you to do some testing on.
Start with a smaller load though.

Max load is a kilo - flight times??? Instabilty - YES!.
Trial and Error is your friend.

BFBC- I thought about that. Seems to me if I own the bagels and am merely transporting them home that's not commercial. No more than using my non-commercial car to get them. Food for thought, tho.

Meta4- Yeah, needs some experimenting. I was hoping someone might have done it already.

BFBC- I thought about that. Seems to me if I own the bagels and am merely transporting them home that's not commercial. No more than using my non-commercial car to get them. Food for thought, tho.
Right. But that's not what you said you were considering doing. You said "A friend runs a Panera Bread shop. I want to make the first order/delivery by drone in our town. (Maybe get him some publicity while doing it!)"

I think it's a cool idea. But I don't think that the FAA would agree that it's "non-commercial" based on that description. Not that I think they will be chasing you down, either.

Reactions: Waternut13134
Meta4- Yeah, needs some experimenting. I was hoping someone might have done it already.
Here's what the guys in the lab have come up with so far
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just curious...How would you land? And then; how would you take off? I'd assume that 1 mile out once you descended below the tree line/roof tops you would loose signal?

Or are you planning an air drop?

I've thought of flying over the woods to a buddy's house; landing. Having him insert a new battery (he has a Phantom 3P) and then flying back here but once I really considered it I figured that once my P3 landed at his house I would not have signal with my P3A to inmate atake off..

Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Medicinal marijuana delivery would be much more feasible. That's about the only thing I can think of suitable for UAV delivery.

Reactions: phantomlova
im sure the p3 could carry some bread. i would try to put them behind the gimbal, on the landing gear. dont know how big these bagels are but if you could get some small ones or only one and wrap it in plastic foil, then maybe tape it behind the gimbal on the landing gear.. then fly to your location and land, and kill the engines, so they can remove the bagel.

ofc you would need a area thats big enough for a safe landing. dont know if you would be able to take off again after the delivery.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Tried this for fishing bait "casting" 300 grams can carry without problems. Still keep in mind the line of sight due possible rc signal loss as mentioned above. Try google fishin drone keyword to see a mount you may use or modify.
Safe landing to everyone.
V.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic