P3A-P gimbal problems (P3A upgrade to pro)

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a few questions regarding the ribbon cable (which is what i think my issue is)
Heres the story, my dad crashed his P3P and broke his yaw arm and ribbon cable. He ordered a new camera\ gimbal and gave me his broke one to out onto my P3A
So knowing that everything was the same, I thought shoukd be an easy swap, so i took my yaw arm\ ribbon cable off and swapped it onto the 4k gimbal and camera. When i turned it on the camera shoots hard to the right (drones left) and just seems to move weird when the drone is moved.
So worried maybe the gimbal board had beeen hit causing the issue i swapped the yaw arm back onto my P3A gimble and camera, and it acted the same. So i noticed that the ribbon cable was coming apart where it was like glue together in the middle, im thinking that might be the issue?
I should also mention I've checked to make sure the bolt is on the flat side of the yaw arm motor and the camera and all that.

And its not letting me post pictures of the ribbon cable. I'll try to add it from my tablet and not my phone.

But heres a video of it turned on.

If you look you can see the cable

Attachments

• IMG_20160323_232437.jpg
    IMG_20160323_232437.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20160323_232403.jpg
    IMG_20160323_232403.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 292
I had the same issue when i switched and the gimbal calibration & imu cali took care of it.

I had the same issue when i switched and the gimbal calibration & imu cali took care of it.

Hmm, I've done them a few times.. Won't hurt to try it some more! Lol thank you for the reply!. I wonder if there's a way to like restart every to factory and/or a way to plug the drone/ gimbal up to a computer to run a diagnostics?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20