P3A out of balance

Reaction score
When I start it up it says everything is good. When I hover 5'-10' in the air it moves on its own, not much but it does. Before I take off its saying distance 1.2' traveled. I have calibrated the RC. Anything else I can try? My new props? Tighten them, loosen them?

This was happening before the update as well. I have a video on my phone but can't upload it here.

Its not a 'balance' issue. And not prop related either. Its most likely what you are hovering over. VPS is not by any means perfect at holding hover! Especially over most surfaces

Its not a 'balance' issue. And not prop related either. Its most likely what you are hovering over. VPS is not by any means perfect at holding hover! Especially over most surfaces

P3a

Here is the video... There is a lot of metal around and I'm taking off from concrete. It said everything was good/normal.

Would hooking it up to healthy drones give me an idea of the issue, which sounds like interference ?

So you know there is tons of magnetic interference, but don't see that as an obvious issue? Asphalt is not a good surface to VPS to see either

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441652243.367543.jpg

When I start it up it says everything is good. When I hover 5'-10' in the air it moves on its own, not much but it does. Before I take off its saying distance 1.2' traveled. I have calibrated the RC. Anything else I can try? My new props? Tighten them, loosen them?
I'm not sure I can see a problem in the video.
Don't expect your Phantom to maintain position perfectly
From the specs ..
Hover Accuracy
  • Vertical: +/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/- 0.5 m
  • Horizontal: +/- 1.5 m
And it's too close to the ground (possibly) with the VPS trying unsuccessfully to find a pattern in the asphalt.
VPS requires surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting - it won't work on asphalt.

There's probably turbulent air from your propwash that close to the ground too.
Get your Phantom up 20+ feet in the air and see how it goes.

ps .. Don't over-tighten your props.
It's easy to strip the threads in the composite propeller hub.
They only need to be spun on and gently finger tightened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers