P3A or Advanced..Help me Decide

Reaction score
Cant decide between the two. Only differences I can see are the 2.7 K and the 4K video(oh and the fancy gold stickers). Are there any other differences that I'm not aware of?

I think that's it if you don't need 4k go with cheaper one

that is my next one but waiting for price to come down more since I already got 1200 into my p3s

A couple of notes about 4K:

CON: if you aren't a pro or a demanding recreational user, you may not need or want 4K. There are plenty of folk that have a 4K model that do not shoot in 4K because it's just too demanding in their current computer at home (video card, hard drives, stuttering video because neither can keep up).

1080p is still pretty HD.

PRO: if you're a professional, you'll likely (but not always) want the highest resolution, even when you publish in a lesser format (which is likely these days).

4K is good for future proofing your purchase for some years from now when your computer is more than enough to process it, and you want the highest source material. After all, 8K is coming.

as you get older in life 1080 is all you need

Reactions: Mako79
Pro has the bigger FPV lightbridge stream rate. Adv is max 2mbs and Pro is max 10mbs. Many users wont notice the difference unless they are using a 20inch tablet/LCD TV or using FPV goggles. Most users leave it on 2mbs to get further range.

Also, a few more things to consider with 4K - you can digital zoom and crop to 1080p (its painful). You can get better quality low light/night video with 4K by down-sampling to 1080p. Converting 4K to 1080p reduces artefacts/noise. Think of this - watch a high res you tube clip in window mode. Now full screen it - You can now see the you tube compression (artefacts) that everyone complains about.

1080p is still pretty HD.
as you get older in life 1080 is all you need
The Advanced isn't limited to 1080p video.
It will also shoot 2.7K video.

For the OP, unless you need 4K video, the Advanced will be fine for you.
And if you don't know whether you need 4K, the answer is .. you don't need 4K video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers