P3a observation...

S

sandman259

I had a standard for a couple months and now own a adv...no comparison the adv is sweet...one thing I did notice that isn't a big deal just something I noticed was that my standard landed softer..it would come down within a few inches then ever so softly land the rest of the way. No way I could land that soft manually. The advanced will come come and land a little harder. Not much, but more then my standard. Which I thought was odd cause the advanced had the vision position sensor thing that I thought would make it land even softer then the standard but who knows...oh and I'm referring to auto land. Manual doesn't make any difference between the two...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't try P3S but its true P3A/P don't land softly. Also there is a chance of tipping over if the surface is not hard and flat leveled, I go for hand catch.

Reactions: Reed L
It seams like my advanced touches the ground then kind of bounces up a couple inches then lands. Where my standard just came down super slow and landed soft without touching the ground first...if that makes any sense...

It seams like my advanced touches the ground then kind of bounces up a couple inches then lands. Where my standard just came down super slow and landed soft without touching the ground first...if that makes any sense...

Your option is to land manually. Get it down to 6", hover and then land. Set exp got sticks to 0.2

that's my experience going from P3S to pro as well...but only when I'm using the auto-land feature. when I land it myself, I can do it much smoother. but I typically like to hand catch anyway.

Yes only auto land is where I noticed it too. I wonder why that is? Something to do with the vision positioning sensor I assume. You would think it would be even smoother with it but not the case...

these are the only 2 P3s I've flown so I can't be sure. maybe it's the fat *** on the adv/pro giving it less balance than the lighter standard. [emoji14]

Yes only auto land is where I noticed it too. I wonder why that is? Something to do with the vision positioning sensor I assume. You would think it would be even smoother with it but not the case...

You can turn off VPS and try it.

Reactions: sonof40

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20