P3A not working right. HELP

Reaction score
I crashed my P3A. The yaw arm of the gimbal and the flex cable snapped. I ordered the parts and repaired it myself. Now the P3A and the remote connect fine, it fly's and the gimbal motion works. i can role the camera down with the remote and it stays level.

PROBLEMS:
P3A connects to remote but not DJI go App. That being said, I can fly the drone but no telemetry or video. also, the drone is flashing red,yellow.

I really don't want to send to DJI and check it out because it will cost me more money and I already have a Mavic but if I can fix it on my own, id be happy.

Try deleting dji go cache and data, reboot. Or uninstall app, clear all cache, reboot, re-install app.

Also, unplug/replug wires to camera. Another thing to try ( I have no idea why it has worked for others) is to pull sd card out turn drone on.

Reactions: zelius92
Check the grey cables that go into the gimbal board and vps. Unplug them, inspect and reseat them firmly.

I had a P3A and now a P3P. However, the USB cable that goes to the tablet does not always connect as it should. If you do a search about the USB cable "socket" that is connected to the RC, you will find that DJI has used an inferior USB socket. Try moving the USB at the RC connection point and it should connect with a few tries. I have to do that quite often when I fly. Totally bummed about this, but that is the DJI's "quality control" that has probably improved in the later models such as the p4, p4Pro etc. But, they don't care about us who have already paid our money and will not offer a recall to fix their Blunder. Either way, when it is plugged in, move the USB cable plug to the right or left and see if it connects. It will not always stay connected from my experience. Once it does however, you are good to go. Happy flying.

I had a P3A and now a P3P. However, the USB cable that goes to the tablet does not always connect as it should. If you do a search about the USB cable "socket" that is connected to the RC, you will find that DJI has used an inferior USB socket. Try moving the USB at the RC connection point and it should connect with a few tries. I have to do that quite often when I fly. Totally bummed about this, but that is the DJI's "quality control" that has probably improved in the later models such as the p4, p4Pro etc. But, they don't care about us who have already paid our money and will not offer a recall to fix their Blunder. Either way, when it is plugged in, move the USB cable plug to the right or left and see if it connects. It will not always stay connected from my experience. Once it does however, you are good to go. Happy flying.

I hear ya man! Between my mavic and this, they give me so much more customer support when I call about the Mavic which is kinda dumb.

Reactions: NRJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20