P3A modes

Reaction score
Sorry to be a PITA but I am still trying to get my head around the modes.

The manual had me lost so I made myself a précis of them in an attempt to understand them.

Is the following true and right please.

P3A MODES

P-mode.
Phantom will automatically switch from P-GPS to P-OPTI when the GPS signal is not sufficient.
A/c will switch to ATTI manual if GPS or Vision Positioning are not available.

A - Atti mode. (MANUAL MODE)

This is the manual flight mode and the GPS is not controlling the aircraft.
A/C is being controlled manually with the Controller. The aircraft is subject to
wind and will drift with the prevailing breezes if not controlled.
Will not stop on its own when moving as the braking system is disabled.

F - Mode is IOC

F Mode has to be turned on in the Go app. to be active.

The RTH works in A & F mode if GPS available.

Thanks

Still have to chuckle that attitude mode is called "manual" around here. Anyone who's ever flown a miniquad with naze32 or similar will know what world of difference there is between manual and attitude. Not much manual when the quad self levels when you center the sticks and even keeps its altitude. Oh horror, it drifts in the wind! Spoiled brats ;).

I think your summary is correct BTW.

Reactions: deltamike
Thanks Vertigo.

Just another thought. If the RTH works in Atti mode and the GPS is disabled, how does the a/c know where the home point is. I thought the home point is recorded with the aid of GPS.

Thanks Vertigo.
Just another thought. If the RTH works in Atti mode and the GPS is disabled, how does the a/c know where the home point is. I thought the home point is recorded with the aid of GPS.
The GPS isn't disabled ... it's always on.
But in atti mode the flight controller just doesn't use the data from the GPS.
Then if the Phantom loses signal and goes to RTH .... it uses GPS data.

Just another thought. If the RTH works in Atti mode and the GPS is disabled, how does the a/c know where the home point is.
GPS is not disabled. Your Phantom just doesn't use it to hold its position when flying in ATTI mode. If you're in ATTI mode and RTH is initiated, it'll then start using the GPS data to guide itself back to the home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj