P3A Miscellaneous Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys. I previously had a P3A and sold it and just now ordered another P3A because I missed it too much.

Anyway, my two main questions are as follows:

1. Interested in the DJI black carbon fiber propellers. I like the look of them but want to know if they will make a positive performance enhancement. What are the pros or cons.

2. I see lots of talk about filters. My first time around I never used one nor did I ever consider it. However, now I'm curious. I'm just an amateur flyer and don't use it for any kind of business purpose. Is it worthwhile to buy one? If so what's a good brand that easy to use?

I'm far from an old pro. I have both carbon fiber and regular stock props. I have every flight time and all stats documented and can see no difference in prop performance. They seem to sound a bit different but nothing other than that. As for filters, I can see a difference in my pics and videos. Definitely worth it to have filters if you plan on doing anything with the pics/video. Bottom line, save the money on the props and spend it on the filters. Good luck.

I have a set from Taco rc. It has nd 4,8,16,and 32. I also plan on getting the 64 when it comes in stock. You will see the difference in quality as soon as you use one. Do a search and you will find a list of which filter to use in which sunlight. Worth it to learn and use them.

I think one of the cons of carbon fiber propellers is if the props encounter a person they will cut them more easily. Also I hear when they break they shatter into shards.

Hey guys. I previously had a P3A and sold it and just now ordered another P3A because I missed it too much.

Anyway, my two main questions are as follows:

1. Interested in the DJI black carbon fiber propellers. I like the look of them but want to know if they will make a positive performance enhancement. What are the pros or cons.

2. I see lots of talk about filters. My first time around I never used one nor did I ever consider it. However, now I'm curious. I'm just an amateur flyer and don't use it for any kind of business purpose. Is it worthwhile to buy one? If so what's a good brand that easy to use?

I did the same re selling and buying.

I need to get another ND filter, helps with brighter days to tone it down a bit.

I don't want to do a whole lot swapping of the filter. Having said that what would be the best # ND filter for all occasions?

Also I hear when they break they shatter into shards.
If they were full CF, yes as CF tends to shatter. The DJI's are not full CF, just CF reinforced. Flex less therefore sound different. PERHAPS a bit more responsive and nimble, however I dont need a AP platform nimble so they offer no advantages to me other than looking cool.

B

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr