P3A - Maiden Flight !!!

Reaction score
I received my P3A two weeks ago. Due to the cold, etc. I was to afraid to take it out for it's maiden flight. I spent the last two weeks reading manuals, watching videos, updating firmware, researching NFZ's, etc. I had today off from work and the weather warmed up to 44F hear in Pickerington, OH. So I decided today was the day. I headed to a nearby park that had open areas and I knew nobody would be around.

All I can say is WOW !!! This P3A is AWESOME !!! The P3A was very easy to maneuver even in a slight breeze. I have never flown before but was quickly able to get used to the controls. I was able to capture several pictures and a few videos. I can't wait to get back out again. Below are three pictures I took. I'll post a video soon.

DJI_0025.JPG
DJI_0029.JPG
DJI_0032.JPG

@rpratali congratulations :) Looks like you're off to a good start! Fly safe and enjoy!

looks great, looks like you have a lot of trees around so make sure to fly above them or away from them, as this is usually the way 90% of pilots break or crash their phantoms. (just a guess, based on reports and videos I have seen)

looks great, looks like you have a lot of trees around so make sure to fly above them or away from them, as this is usually the way 90% of pilots break or crash their phantoms. (just a guess, based on reports and videos I have seen)

LOL I'd guess a similar amount.... I have always said... if there is one tree in a field... a newbie will find a way to fly into it :) BTW - one of my first crashes with my Phantom 2 was high into a tree...

LOL I'd guess a similar amount.... I have always said... if there is one tree in a field... a newbie will find a way to fly into it :) BTW - one of my first crashes with my Phantom 2 was high into a tree...
after 2 years, I haven't crashed my drone a single time (except for when I used the wrong props and it banked into a tree)
these ******* trees... its like the phantom WANTS to crash into them xD

after 2 years, I haven't crashed my drone a single time (except for when I used the wrong props and it banked into a tree)
these ******* trees... its like the phantom WANTS to crash into them xD

knock on wood... I haven't crashed the Phantom 3's at all yet... all of my crashes (there were 3) with the Phantom 2 had to do with me making programming mistakes with the ground station. I have never crashed while under manual control of the craft :) But... yeah... **** trees!!!!

knock on wood... I haven't crashed the Phantom 3's at all yet... all of my crashes (there were 3) with the Phantom 2 had to do with me making programming mistakes with the ground station. I have never crashed while under manual control of the craft :) But... yeah... **** trees!!!!
"knock on wood"
nice pun xD

Had to replace two props so far, broke a bit off the end of one and cracked another, both times flew on without noticing problems...lots of bushes in the garden Lot better out in the open

Sorry. Don't mean to rain on the excitement of the day.

But Is it me? or do the pictures seem out of focus. Maybe it's compression?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl