P3A loses altitude and IMU question

Reaction score
My P3A has been flying fine, but noticed after the last update that it sometimes drops altitude without me directing it to do so. Sometimes in hover, and at times flying forward. I always do an IMU calibration after updating. Which brings me to my second question.
When I do an IMU calibration, the progress bar never moves off of 0%, but the check and calibration buttons become click able again. Is this normal, or am I not getting a calibration?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My P3A has been flying fine, but noticed after the last update that it sometimes drops altitude without me directing it to do so. Sometimes in hover, and at times flying forward. I always do an IMU calibration after updating. Which brings me to my second question.
When I do an IMU calibration, the progress bar never moves off of 0%, but the check and calibration buttons become click able again. Is this normal, or am I not getting a calibration?

I have the same issue with altitude drop and alittle drifting. I hope somebody has answer to this. It'll sit and hoover say 12 ft in the air. All of a sudden it VERY slowly drops lower and lower . When I landed the motors also started to slowly wind back up. I thought for a second it was going to keep going and take off so I shut it down. It was the same day I updated everything and recalibrated. I'm sure it's an easy fix but it has me alittle uneasy.

No, progress bar moves from 0 to 100% and it takes time. Its not instant calibration. may be its 5 minutes, 10 minutes...Once its done you can check the mod values, they should be 0, 1 and ~1500

Hmmm, I have let it sit for almost ten minutes. Lights change. Buttons become clickable, but no progress on the bar.

Look at the old DJI YouTube video:

Reactions: meissner58
I have the same issue with altitude drop and alittle drifting. I hope somebody has answer to this. It'll sit and hoover say 12 ft in the air. All of a sudden it VERY slowly drops lower and lower . When I landed the motors also started to slowly wind back up. I thought for a second it was going to keep going and take off so I shut it down. It was the same day I updated everything and recalibrated. I'm sure it's an easy fix but it has me alittle uneasy.
same issue with altitude drop and alittle drifting.went to calibrate and also bar would not show movement.

Well, I rolled the AC firmware back to the 1.70*** version, then deleted GO version 2.8.0, reinstalled 2.7.2. Did an IMU calibration and finally got the bar to move. Went to 100%, then stopped. No message, no notice it was done except lights on AC changed. Took it out to test and seemed better.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbc bs
Well, I rolled the AC firmware back to the 1.07*** version, then deleted GO version 2.8.0, reinstalled 2.7.2. Did an IMU calibration and finally got the bar to move. Went to 100%, then stopped. No message, no notice it was done except lights on AC changed. Took it out to test and seemed better.

Thanks for the info,will try the same tomorrow. Will let you know

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl