P3A lands harder than P3S

motors.that is the first thing that came to my mind when i started reading this thread.
Hand catching could be Dangerous and costley.

Well duh, DJI made it that way so the standard wouldn't get damaged due to its lower quality components

I understand the aversion and fear of hand catch, but if you do it properly, it is like anything else more dangerous than lying in bed all day.

Over your head, be upwind and have a lanyard.

I'm a p1 user and i'm basically forced to hand catch because of my gimbal. I have to take off with 2 books under the landing gear.

I've landed like that well over a couple hundred times, even in 10-15mph winds and floating docks.

Basically you keep it slightly above and in front of you, and you reach out and grab one landing gear and power down.

One time I even turned the tx off too soon and it went into return home mode in my hands....I didn't panic, I just turned the tx back on, flipped the s1 switch a couple times and powered down.

The chance of something bad happening is minimal.

And if it does it does, there's a small risk associated with it, just like literally everything in life.

I can't imagine 'not' hand catching if I had the choice... it's such a soft landing.. no bouncing around.

You hand catch with 1 hand right? it dosent concern you how the weight of the birds is distributed to only 1 landing skid?

Like others I really recommend hand catching. I've done it over 400 times without mishap. Although one time in very strong gusty winds (25mph+) it took a while and was dicey. But you could never land on the ground in those conditions.

You hand catch with 1 hand right? it dosent concern you how the weight of the birds is distributed to only 1 landing skid?
Lots of experienced flyers hand catch. I haven't landed a Phantom since the P2V+ came out over a year ago.
The weight isn't all put on one skid. It's easy to hold it at the top of the starboard skid with your index one side of the arm and your thumb on the other side near the vent above the battery switch.
You are actually holding the arm with the weight well supported and the landing gear just helps to keep it all stable.

I had the standard not the pro

I'm not sure if you ever truly got an answer for this issue or not but I am having the same issue with my new P3 Pro. It lands very hard compared to my P3 standard I just upgraded from. I just posted a new thread asking the same thing. Let me know if you ever discovered a fix for this? Thanks.

I'm not sure if you ever truly got an answer for this issue or not but I am having the same issue with my new P3 Pro. It lands very hard compared to my P3 standard I just upgraded from. I just posted a new thread asking the same thing. Let me know if you ever discovered a fix for this? Thanks.
I remember back in May when I first got my P3 that the auto landings were remarkable. Very smooth and so impressive. I used to love demonstrating it to people. Now after several FW updates it lands too hard, so I no longer demonstrate or use the auto land. I now consider it an emergency feature only.

Hi, i got my P3A about a week ago after i had the P3S for who weeks, one thing I noticed is my P3S would land much softer then my P3A, and im afraid landing a bit hard would couse cracks over time

What can I do?
I use auto land via the app

I totally agree, I had a P3S for a couple weeks and traded up for a P3A.

The standard would land so soft, better than I could manually.

The P3A hits pretty hard so I usually go manual. I tried it with the VPS off and it was even worse.

The P3A has it beat in all other aspect however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav