P3A in the sand

Reaction score
I took my bird to the beach and I use my hard case as a stand . Well with the lid up a gust of wind tipped my case and 2 motors got in the sand. I blew them out and tried to get it all out but I noticed that upon start up I still hear some grinding for a second or so before the noise goes away.

My question is what have you guys done to ensure that the motors were free of any sand. I know I'm not the only one this has happened too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi. I recommend you to use an air compressor to clean up the motors through the holes if your motors have. Mine is P4 and the motors are with holes on the top. Hope this will help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I haven't taken these motors apart yet but on the phantom one it was just ac clip that you removed on the underside and it pulled apart, perhaps a quick strip, air blast and light spray of oil will give you singer peace of mind.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had a similar problem, except with gravel. A good air compressor will do the job. It seems to be the best thing that can reach tight spaces in the motor. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20