P3A in ATTI

Reaction score
Hi guys

Should my phantom be drifting left when in ATTI mode indoors with no wind?

I know ATTI switches off the GPS etc and would expect it to move in the direction of the wind etc though thought it shouldn't really drift badly indoor?

Im going to reset the IMU and calibrate the compass in a wide open space later, really hoping that sorts out my issues as the retailer wants to send it DJI even though its only a week old

Sorry to be a pain asking questions

Yes. It will keep itself stable/upright but it will always drift - just like any $20 quadcopter you would buy that doesn't have GPS.

Hi guys

Should my phantom be drifting left when in ATTI mode indoors with no wind?

I know ATTI switches off the GPS etc and would expect it to move in the direction of the wind etc though thought it shouldn't really drift badly indoor?

Im going to reset the IMU and calibrate the compass in a wide open space later, really hoping that sorts out my issues as the retailer wants to send it DJI even though its only a week old

Sorry to be a pain asking questions

Yes. It will keep itself stable/upright but it will always drift - just like any $20 quadcopter you would buy that doesn't have GPS.

It you are using the VPS and have a floor that can be detected by it (not homogenous), then no - it will lock and hold. Also, the drift shouldnt be terrible, I would call it more of a meander than a drift. If it goes in the same direction ALL the time, I would look at the calibration. Lastly, its a forum - your suppose to ask questions :) I would also swap out props before you send it in. a slight imperfection in one prop could cause to to drift.

Reactions: TonyNI2013
Thank you for the help

I recalibrate the IMU on as flat a surface as I could.

Do these numbers mean anything to anyone lol

Gyroscope X -0.0 Y 0.0 Z-0.0 MOD 0.00
Acceleration X 0.00 Y-0.00 Z-1.00 MOD 1.00
Compass X98.00 Y-171.00 Z1441.00 MOD 1454.42

Thank you for the help

Those look good. All zeros on the gyros (as it was presumably sitting still), and zeros in x and y and -1 in the z-axis on the accelerometer (gravity). Compass values look normal, too.

All this really tells me, though, is that it is sitting in a position that the P3 thinks is flat. If it is actually on a flat level surface when you see these numbers, then your IMU calibration is good.

Reactions: Oso
Thank you for the help

The compass values are right in the middle of the acceptable range.

Have you confirmed that you have VPS switched on for your indoors test?

Reactions: TonyNI2013
I thought the VPS was always on?
No. You can switch it on/off in the app.

Tap the 'quad' icon in the top left (next to home), then select 'advanced settings'.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub