P3A, HDMI Output Module for brodcasting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 52574
  • Start date
why wouldnt you just live stream to youtube and let them grab that channel?
The delay and sync issues would be a nightmare. Plays would have already ended by the time they would have gotten the feed of what's happening on the field from a youtube stream. By this point you are compressing the signal to your phone then up to Youtube, then transporting it back to a desk, feeding into an encoder then sending backup up to their stream. All hoping that there is no glitches or drops in any of that chain.

The delay and sync issues would be a nightmare. Plays would have already ended by the time they would have gotten the feed of what's happening on the field from a youtube stream. By this point you are compressing the signal to your phone then up to Youtube, then transporting it back to a desk, feeding into an encoder then sending backup up to their stream. All hoping that there is no glitches or drops in any of that chain.
Seems like it is <5 seconds when I do it.

Awesome work! Gives me ideas for using our UAS in SAR and being able to "at times" have the Live Feed go into the trailer to the large format TV.

What is the MAX suggested distance for a HDMI cable? Would adding a connector (say male to male to transfer the signal from the roof into the trailer) further reduce the signal strength over the cable?

What is the MAX suggested distance for a HDMI cable? Would adding a connector (say male to male to transfer the signal from the roof into the trailer) further reduce the signal strength over the cable?

Depends but most people say 25 to 50FT. There are longer ones but of course you will have problems including dropping frames and other odd issues. You can get hdmi to ethernet extenders or HDMI over fiber but in the end those can have issues to. Depends what it's used for, just some display out then it might not matter but for higher production values then out of sync audio and a number of other issue really becomes a problem. Adding connectors doesn't make it go longer and can actually degrade the image. It also depends on personal tolerance of images too, some people can nice the small things while others totally over look it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Depends but most people say 25 to 50FT. There are longer ones but of course you will have problems including dropping frames and other odd issues. You can get hdmi to ethernet extenders or HDMI over fiber but in the end those can have issues to. Depends what it's used for, just some display out then it might not matter but for higher production values then out of sync audio and a number of other issue really becomes a problem. Adding connectors doesn't make it go longer and can actually degrade the image. It also depends on personal tolerance of images too, some people can nice the small things while others totally over look it.
30m is the max length I ever saw in a certified cable. They are pretty thick and not designed to move around. If I was to go over 10m, and especially if the cable wasnt going to be fixed in place - I would use an hdmi extender (and now you have a slightly more flexible cable that can go 100-150m) longer runs may require power. Look at monoprice.com

Thank you both. The most I would need on the outside of the "Comms Trailer" would be around 20'. It's a "Walk Roof" trailer so I would be on top flying and streaming the video into the trailer for some LIVE viewing. I would imagine we could get away with about 5' inside the trailer and only have a single connector on the wall of the unit to get the signal from outside the unit to the inside of the unit and then directly to the large format TV.

All of this is in addition to us analyzing the images and video from the SD card after each and every flight by trained individuals inside the Comms Trailer.

Thank you both. The most I would need on the outside of the "Comms Trailer" would be around 20'. It's a "Walk Roof" trailer so I would be on top flying and streaming the video into the trailer for some LIVE viewing. I would imagine we could get away with about 5' inside the trailer and only have a single connector on the wall of the unit to get the signal from outside the unit to the inside of the unit and then directly to the large format TV.

All of this is in addition to us analyzing the images and video from the SD card after each and every flight by trained individuals inside the Comms Trailer.

If it's that short of a run, you can probably get away with just a long HDMI cable (Search result for cabernet ultra cl2 hdmi - Monoprice.com)

If you're doing anything over 40-50ft, you need some more elaborate setup like HDMI-SDI converters.

I install multi million dollar smart home systems custom from scratch. Finally something I can help with lol, 45' is your max usable run and 2 HDMI connector's are your max at that distance. So you are are way under that and very safe. HDMI over cat 5 or 6 has been very unreliable for us even with $400 converter's. Over fiber works better and so does over coax.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj