P3A handle?

If you aren't on a movie set or in production or corporate use I don't see why any person would want one. If I owned a company and had business drone fleet and had orderlys and non RC staff carrying the equipment from set to set and into storage Etc then absolutely.

No need for most recreational users and hobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you aren't on a movie set or in production or corporate use I don't see why any person would want one. If I owned a company and had business drone fleet and had orderlys and non RC staff carrying the equipment from set to set and into storage Etc then absolutely.

No need for most recreational users and hobbyists.

Well I want to use it for interior footage. Also, can you stream the video to an iPhone from a P3A without having it plugged into the controller?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Haha just ordered one. For precisely that - filming inside for real estate

Awesome! Could you post to this thread when you receive it and let me know how you like it?

I think real estate qualifies as "corporate". Great use of a handle. Using your $1200 drone as a handy cam. Saves the need for another video camera.

I think real estate qualifies as "corporate". Great use of a handle. Using your $1200 drone as a handy cam. Saves the need for another video camera.

What do you think of the fact that it mounts onto the motors?

I had worries when I was looking at buying one as the motors may be affected, especially if the holes aren't perfectly aligned. I am looking for an alternative for that reason. Someone mentioned an elephantom which is made out of plastic and hooks around the quads chassis.

What do you think of the fact that it mounts onto the motors?

It's risky to mount it on motors. Motors bearings are getting stressed for no reasons. There could be a better mounting on arms.

Also motors/ ESCs will burn if they are turned on by mistake.

I bought the Elephantom and it was constructed, I don't recommend it. Got my money back though.
Do you have any ideas on what might be a good product?
I'm definitely interested in some sort of handle?

I understand the concern about the motors. Also I think it's time consuming to take the props on and off. Another design would be better. I like the idea a lot and I would buy one if only to look more professional and have a better 'handle' on the bird for ground work. I also don't get the tablet being mounted on it. It still has to be cabled to the remote for phantom 3A an P. I can see it for the phantom standard with wifi though. Plus it's not very practical to have the monitor mounted to the grip in every situation.

I understand the concern about the motors. Also I think it's time consuming to take the props on and off. Another design would be better. I like the idea a lot and I would buy one if only to look more professional and have a better 'handle' on the bird for ground work. I also don't get the tablet being mounted on it. It still has to be cabled to the remote for phantom 3A an P. I can see it for the phantom standard with wifi though. Plus it's not very practical to have the monitor mounted to the grip in every situation.

I agree, those are all issues I have with it lol.

Yes I have thought it might be a little too much to ask of the engines, moreover the engine mounts (so far my P3 has been crack free). I might attach zip ties to the frame instead. Perhaps I should have just made a handle!
It can be done without a handle; I thought the "4th axis" might be better achieved with one -

Dudes why are you all so negative??
I have had one since Christmass, no stress on the motors it is fully adjustable so will always fit and if you are dumb enough to start the motors then you shouldn't have a P3 anyway.
In my opinion a well made and handy add on.[emoji2]

Reactions: Roverggm
Dudes why are you all so negative??
I have had one since Christmass, no stress on the motors it is fully adjustable so will always fit and if you are dumb enough to start the motors then you shouldn't have a P3 anyway.
In my opinion a well made and handy add on.[emoji2]
I don't know that any of us have it so we're questioning it. What do you mean when you say it's fully adjustable so will always fit? Are older phantoms different sizes? I do agree that starting the motors is a stretch. That would be a real bonehead move considering it takes effort to start them. Accidentally starting them is unlikely. The only thing I question is it hangs from the motors but I suppose it hangs from the props while in flight so assuming you don't fling the bird around on it, I guess there's no additional stress. At least that's what you're saying. The only thing left is having to take the props on and off to use it. That's kind of a pain because then you have to deal with holding the props when they're off, remembering the prop wrench and not losing it, and the time it takes to swap over between the two. Might not be a big deal all the time or to some users but when you're on the move quickly it could be a drag. I still like it though. I think I'll grab one just to have when I need it, and I will need one along the way. Thanks for weighing in.

This is one from another thread.
Phantom 3 carry handle so you can use it as a gimbal

a66ee89ea36188bbadcb9e93e0cc7470.jpg

Reactions: Roverggm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member