P3A gimbal ribbon cable seperation/exposed copper? right before entry into camera housing

Reaction score
Never been crashed, dropped, hit, whatever - only flown ONCE - everything worked great. I flew for 10 mins, came back home, went to bed charged it up tried flying the next morning and all of a sudden no more camera signal on the DJI Go app.

The notifications in the app said the p3 needed a firmware update, as did the camera. I tried doing them within the app, but they just kept failing through the app. Then I tried doing the update with a microsd card. Samsung evo, 16gb - formatted fat32, only file in root folder is the .bin file for 1.32, camera led flashes gereen for a few seconds after turning drone on- then stops flasshing. Hear a noise like D.... D. D. , pause then D. . . . D. D.

Tried again wit 1.4x firmware, nothing still. Left the drone on for 30 minutes each time with 100% charged battery, no response from camera.
Gimbal control still works with the remote, the gyroscopic action of the gimbal still works fine when moving the drone around, just no picture is sent to the app.

I looked around the drone looking for damage or a cause of the issue, everything appears fine, except for this one weird thing I can't tell if is normal or not.

See attached pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 551
Can anyone take a quick peek & see if their camera cable on their gimbal looks like this? if there's a split in the cable right before the housing where it starts coiling up. Looks like my cable might be split into two parts, peeling off or something. Maybe this is as intended. I can't seem to tell though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

Can anyone take a quick peek & see if their camera cable on their gimbal looks like this? if there's a split in the cable right before the housing where it starts coiling up. Looks like my cable might be split into two parts, peeling off or something. Maybe this is as intended. I can't seem to tell though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you
Here is a picture of mine just for a comparison.

gimbal converging ribbon cables.jpg

Mine (P3A) arrived new (couple weeks ago) with the outer surface of the ribbon cable looking like it had "delaminated" from the rest of the ribbon in one small spot about a 1/4" long near one of the gimbal motors. Also a bit of "buckling" further along the cable as it makes a sharp 90 deg. bend (see photo-sorry about fuzziness - hard to get a good shot closeup even on macro setting). Everything has been working fine so far (about 5 flights now).
delaminate.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers