P3A gimbal issue?

Reaction score
My Advanced has 6 flight on her with no crashes or hand landings to speak of. Flew on Sunday by the lagoon and after landing I picked the drone up and heard a odd sound which I was not familiar with.

It seems when I rotate the drone clockwise the gimbal makes a scratchy noise when the camera has reached its endpoint(left turn for camera).

I thought it may sand trapped in it, cleaned it and still noise continues.
Next I tried a gimbal calibration and sound still continues.

Any advice?

Perhaps it's the gimbal cable rubbing? It seems to occur on a lot of Phantoms (even the P4).

Well, you should first investigate to see if that might be the issue. It could be rubbing on the outside (which you should visually be able to see) or on the inside (requiring the gimbal to be dissembled to investigate further). If the latter and you're sure it's the cable rubbing, I would leave it as-is since the camera rarely reaches its endpoints.

Well, you should first investigate to see if that might be the issue. It could be rubbing on the outside (which you should visually be able to see) or on the inside (requiring the gimbal to be dissembled to investigate further). If the latter and you're sure it's the cable rubbing, I would leave it as-is since the camera rarely reaches its endpoints.

Thanks for the help will have a closer look into it. Won't be stripping the gimbal I hope as not much of a handy man!

Thanks for the help will have a closer look into it. Won't be stripping the gimbal I hope as not much of a handy man!
Just did a little research and stumbled across a common gimbal grub screw issue so will look into that too. I have noticed a bit of vibration when it makes the scratchy noise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.