P3A Gimbal is Twitching - Help!

Reaction score

Owned my P3A for almost a year. Updated firmware back in August and plenty of uneventful flights since then. Batteries and controller are updated as well as the app version.

Just today I took it out to get some coastal shots in CA and the gimbal was aggressively twitching from one side to the other.

Re-calibrated the gimbal (on ground and in-flight), the compass, and the internal balance, as well as a fresh OS install. Still twitching. Tightened the grub screw on the arm, and unplugged both the connecting wires to the gimbal, no change.

Looked online and see that others have had similar experiences but I'm not seeing the solution. Any input would be hugely appreciated. I have a narrow window to get the shot I need. Thanks!

Owned my P3A for almost a year. Updated firmware back in August and plenty of uneventful flights since then. Batteries and controller are updated as well as the app version.

Just today I took it out to get some coastal shots in CA and the gimbal was aggressively twitching from one side to the other.

Re-calibrated the gimbal (on ground and in-flight), the compass, and the internal balance, as well as a fresh OS install. Still twitching. Tightened the grub screw on the arm, and unplugged both the connecting wires to the gimbal, no change.

Looked online and see that others have had similar experiences but I'm not seeing the solution. Any input would be hugely appreciated. I have a narrow window to get the shot I need. Thanks!
I have found with my clients, that if ever the Phantom was left in a hot car. The high temperature can effect the camera and gimbal. Your symptom is a sign of that. It could be possible that it may have been over heated at one point. Otherwise, there could be misalignment issue with the servos. Just to make a note that if there was a over heating issue, your looking at a complete replacement of camera and gimbal.
Good luck, hope you get it fixed.

Can't think of a time/place it would have been exposed to high temperatures...but thanks for offering that possibility. Hmmmm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj