P3a getting distance that should be on a p3s! !!

Reaction score
My phantom 3 advanced had been flown from an open area (park) and managed only to get half a mile away! That's the sort of distance to expect from a standard surely?

I was a decent altitude around 2-300 foot add I've heard this improves range, why is it performing so badly?

Also I was facing in the direction of travel and moved the antennas to be slightly splayed apart and at 45° tilt.

WHAT...ya mean ya don't get at least this :eek:
Stock stock 6,670'.jpg

Reactions: clivek_77
WHAT...that can't be right :eek:
You should get more than a Standard.
Stock stock 6,670'.jpg
Look in msinger's phantomhelp at the how to for your device settings .
Helped me :)

Thanks for the replies guys, to something I'm sure you get asked again and again for!

I'm going over my data and will post it soon ☺

That's it! This time from home in my garden, still no different same distance. I made sure to increase altitude to gain more distance, both times to no avail.

I have re calibrated imu ,compass , etc de installed dji go etc and re installed....

Attachments

• 1450533981505.jpg
    1450533981505.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 320
I know this last flight is not ideal, before though it was in a park and I was at high altitude all the way, surely no chance of WiFi interference at 200+ foot??

I'm doing this as I want to test before doing the dbs mod,

Or should I just go for it?

And whilst I'm at it this is confusing me,

The channel settings,

No mention of this in any manual etc but I noticed that connected I get this

Attachments

• 1450535226705.jpg
    1450535226705.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 324
And disconnected but logged in the app I get this,
Which gives the option to choose channel and video quality which will affect distance, doesn't seem to change anything though. ... thoughts?

Attachments

• 1450535283307.jpg
    1450535283307.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 350
Update: I'm proven to be a total noob! Hoping this will be a useful guide as to the differences conditions and environment can make to your range,

I managed around a mile this time by taking off from my garden but operating the copter from my upstairs window! Just going to show that when you think you are unobstructed it is most likely obstructed in some way.

I would like to know though if anyone has experience with a dbs mod removing some penetration issues with buildings etc?

Attachments

• 1450548583167.jpg
    1450548583167.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: dirtybum
It will go through small tree tops but that's it . There's got to be LOS between your TX and that bird .
You are not going to fly behind no building ,or any thing really thick .
Now I don't have what you do but I got over 3 miles but I had LOS between the two the whole way .

Seems like you are flying through an subdivision, that's not helping. I do see some open flat land in the pic you uploaded. Try taking off and flying in that area and your range will improve. I have a fpvlr setup and did about 3 miles along an abandon railroad. Roughly 6 miles there and back on one battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik