P3A Fly Away w/Flight Log Link

Should We Report to DJI?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi all...new poster here and will try to summarize what I can. I'm not actually the flight operator, I'm the girlfriend that bought the drone for the flight operator last xmas (2015) and he is besides himself that his drone flew away on him yesterday. (I read that a lot of you get depressed right after, and I get that!)

Anyway, he's flown over 50 times from where we live, to over the water to film whales/dolphins and even on vacation. Last night, he was flying in our residential area and the P3A started acting strange so he hit RTH (for what I believe is the first time) but it wasn't behaving. He went back into manual mode and tried to get his vantage point to no avail and then he never heard or saw from it again.

Here is a link to the flight log.

I read there issues with the app but those look to have been updated. Other info that *may* help:
- using v 3.15 of app
- app running on Android/Google Nexus 6P

We're not sure if we should look at the last point on the map or if you guys can figure out if it might be elsewhere. As you can see, it's a residential area and we drove through there last night but in the event it hit anything or anyone, we didn't want to go knocking on doors.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of this but I know information helps in these matters.

The flight log shows the wind was too strong for the Phantom to return home. It was being blown further away from the home point as it attempted to return. If the wind remained consistent until the Phantom finished auto landing, it most likely landed somewhere in the orange circle below. Since this is a highly populated area, it could have landed in a tree, on top of a home, or someone might have already found it.

Landing.jpg

Thats sad, but as above flying in strong winds is very risky. Looks like your boyfriend has learned this the hard way.

@msinger, thanks for the insight and identifying where you think it may have ended up. That's helpful and I'll let him know to go by there today. We didn't spot it in its last location so what you said makes sense.

@grin factor, yeah. He's none too happy but he usually stays out of the winds so I'm guessing the winds were stronger above and he couldn't tell. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1