P3A flipped on take off

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to report my experience, it might be usefull and maybe i could get some explanations on what happened.

A couple days ago i took off with my p3a from my little garden; everythin was fine (imu calibrated, compass calibrated, no wind); after 5 minutes flying around i slowly landed but didn't turn it off cause i decided i wanted to take some more shots of the little dears that were running on the hill next to my house; so after 20 secs i gave power again (i took off full throttle as i did many times) and the phantom immediatly flipped on a side scratching 2 of th propellers on the ground! In the moment i saw it turning on a side i instabtly executed CSC, so no damages, just little scratches on 2 props (tj"hat i'm never gonna use again).
Now, i have some flights with the phantom, never had a problems, flown pretty far from me, always took off and landed with no problems and i'm not a newbe in rc models (jets, and helicopters).
I wonder if there had been damages due to this unexpected behaviour, would em be covered by warranty?
I watched back at the flight log, and nothin was wrong, when it flipped you just can see i gave throttle withouth pushin the sticks in any other direction.

I consider lucky cause i just lost 2 props, but what if i had serious damages to my little expansive baby?
Thanks for your opinions!!
Tommaso

Here are two suggestions that should prevent this from occurring again:
  • Turn off VPS when flying outdoors.
  • Take off at full throttle until your Phantom is at least ~10 feet in the air.

Yea,thanks for the suggestions, vps was turned off already, and also gave full throttle... I feel like it has been more like a sensor "failure" given by take off/landing/take off again woihouth turning the engine off.. But i guess anyway this shouldn't happen..
I'm tryin to imagine the nightmare in case of serious damages... I would have definetly asked for a repair totally covered by warranty

If you post your flight log, we can take a look to see if there are any clues as to what might have happened.

No, you'll need a computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj