P3A F/w Upgrade question

Reaction score
Hello all

So I bit the bullet and update my firmware to the latest.

The P3A seemed to go successful.

I then, as I understand it, have to do the controller. I put the SD card/reader into the USB on the controller and powered up. The controller never turned blue. It just stayed Red. After a while I took it up and put it into my computer - there was no .txt file

I also tried to update all my batteries and nothing seemed to happen

Question, after putting on the latest f/w - what should the controller f/w be? From the DJI GO app it shows: 1.8.0 The P3A looks good @ 1.10.90. I'm on the latest GO app as well (3.1.1).

Oh and how should I be updating the batteries? How do I verify batteries were updated.

Oh and btw this is my first f/w update since having the drone.

Thanks

Latest RC FW version is 1.8.0 and you are at it.

RC FW is not updated with ad card. It uses internet and DJI Go app to update.

SD card is used only to update AC which has camera and battery update included.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks.. thats not what the documentation I read said, but thank you none the less. Much appreciated

How do i update and verify the batteries?

The controller you used to be able to update the RC with the SD but now it is all through the DJI GO app. The literature that comes with it and online may vary still but non the less that is how it is done.

You are current by the way.

Reactions: DeputyDawg
Also why if this was the first time I ever updated and on a virgin SD card, did the text file show prior versions?

========== 2016.08.31 19:06:45 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.08.31 20:26:07 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.08.31 20:54:48 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2016.08.31 23:22:58 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.11.26 15:52:26 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...

how do i verify the batteries.. what version should they be on?
There is no way to view the current firmware version of the batteries. Follow the procedure documented here to update your batteries. They will be updated if needed.

Reactions: DeputyDawg
Also why if this was the first time I ever updated and on a virgin SD card, did the text file show prior versions?
It keeps a log of all firmware update attempts. It looks like you still have the BIN on your memory card -- which is why you're seeing the repeated "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." messages.

Thanks.. everything looks good. The controller never went blue, so I guess it was already at the latest 1.8.0. The P3A did update successfully. I have put in all batteries, so I should be good to go.

Thanks everyone :)

DD, sounds like you are good to go. I am relatively new to this hobby as well so I have been where you have been ha. The batteries will update when you put them in the quad. As long as the .bin is still on your SD card they will update (multi batteries). DJI recommends to leave the .bin on the card I assume this is in case you use a different battery that is not updated. I updated mine, including all batteries then deleted the file off my card. No issues. The controller updated through DJI app when I had my tablet connected with an internet connection. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen