P3A DJI GO Video Dropouts

Reaction score
Ever since the last update when I drop down to 2-3 bars on signal, the app would crash & when I restart the app or try and go back to camera view it says NO SIGNAL & I can not re-conmect to the craft via the app, although I have a green light on the controller & am within range.

& the one released yesterday for DJI GO I had full bars today & the screen on my Android in the DJI GO app in camera view started appearing orange and yellow lines & the app forced me our of camera view, when going back into camera view it said NO SIGNAL, although I had a green light on the controller.

Luckily when hitting return to home the craft came back on all occasions, but I am wondering if anyone has any insight as to why the app is crashing & forcing me out of camera view & why when I go back into camera view its saying no signal, in order to get live view back in the DJI GO app I need to restart the controller & craft?

Last edited:
Mine's not as bad as yours, but I'm now getting no signal whilst in the air and video lag on and off. Having to switch to atti whilst taking RE photos in windy condition is becoming a pain. I'm less than 200ft away inc altitude. Should have stayed iOS 8.4 [emoji16] Try just unplugging your cable and plug back in again Jeri

Mine's not as bad as yours, but I'm now getting no signal whilst in the air and video lag on and off. Having to switch to atti whilst taking RE photos in windy condition is becoming a pain. I'm less than 200ft away inc altitude. Should have stayed iOS 8.4 [emoji16] Try just unplugging your cable and plug back in again Jeri
Believe me, in a frantic dismay i have tried everything, including removing & re-inserting the USB Cord, as well as restarting the app & doing the same, nothing works after the video drops out. Is there any way to re-connect the APP to the controller after a video drop-out, is it just me that cant get the feed back live after video dropouts?

Ever since the last update when I drop down to 2-3 bars on signal, the app would crash & when I restart the app or try and go back to camera view it says NO SIGNAL & I can not re-conmect to the craft via the app, although I have a green light on the controller & am within range.

& the one released yesterday for DJI GO I had full bars today & the screen on my Android in the DJI GO app in camera view started appearing orange and yellow lines & the app forced me our of camera view, when going back into camera view it said NO SIGNAL, although I had a green light on the controller.

Luckily when hitting return to home the craft came back on all occasions, but I am wondering if anyone has any insight as to why the app is crashing & forcing me out of camera view & why when I go back into camera view its saying no signal, in order to get live view back in the DJI GO app I need to restart the controller & craft?
Almost all of us are having this problem now. I've posted numerous times about it, it's the latest version of DJI GO that screwed us here. Everyone that has upgraded to DJI GO 2.4 is having problems, especially the no live video feed problem.

Almost all of us are having this problem now. I've posted numerous times about it, it's the latest version of DJI GO that screwed us here. Everyone that has upgraded to DJI GO 2.4 is having problems, especially the no live video feed problem.
I started a thread but I will ask here also, Does anyone know if and how to downgrade to 2.2 ???

That is just not true, it's the sweepiest of sweeping statements.

Reactions: happydays
That is just not true, it's the sweepiest of sweeping statements.
Really? Read around the forums a little and you will find numerous users having the problem after upgrading their DJI GO app. Then go to the App Store and read the reviews of everyone slamming the app.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1445809472.417688.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1445809487.521665.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1445809498.660831.jpg

Really? Read around the forums a little and you will find numerous users having the problem after upgrading their DJI GO app. Then go to the App Store and read the reviews of everyone slamming the app.
Well, not only did you say 'almost all of us' you then went further and said 'everyone is having this problem', which in my eyes is a sweeping statement.
I'm not trying to antagonise you as there clearly is a problem, but not everyone is having it.

It appears this problem is affecting iOS users. How about android users?

Newbie here. Updated my DJI GO app a couple days ago to 2.4.0, flew last evening using up my two batteries. I'm on iOS with iPad mini 2 and I had ZERO issues. iPad is version 9.0. Even got my nerve up and flew 2.1 klm's out. Flawless. Just updated the rc a few minutes ago, hopefully that will be flawless as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Latest update - go now crashes and won't re-boot. Flying blind....can it get any worse??? Anyone got a plan to get back to iOS 8.4.1???

Reactions: Poundofnuts
I went ahead & adjusted the video quality down to 4 MBPS on channel 32, with the 32 channel hack, this solved my issue! Also, went out 14,000 feet in a WiFi congested area, with only a windsurfer & lost video for a few moments on the way back, due to reception issues, not the app, & when the phantom came back in range video & control came back on the app flawlessly.

Those of you who do not have the 32 channel "hack", please find a clean/clear channel & set it with the custom option, then adjust the video quality down to 4 MBPS, this will temporarily fix your issue until DJI addresses this issue fully!

Before i was using auto channel or custom channel & setting the video to 6-10 MBPS & that's when i was getting constant video drops & it wouldn't come back, even after unplugging & plugging the USB back in, restarting the app, bear in mind full reception with controller & craft as I have a green light on the controller!

I went ahead & adjusted the video quality down to 4 MBPS on channel 32, with the 32 channel hack, this solved my issue! Also, went out 14,000 feet in a WiFi congested area, with only a windsurfer & lost video for a few moments on the way back, due to reception issues, not the app, & when the phantom came back in range video & control came back on the app flawlessly.

Those of you who do not have the 32 channel "hack", please find a clean/clear channel & set it with the custom option, then adjust the video quality down to 4 MBPS, this will temporarily fix your issue until DJI addresses this issue fully!

Before i was using auto channel or custom channel & setting the video to 6-10 MBPS & that's when i was getting constant video drops & it wouldn't come back, even after unplugging & plugging the USB back in, restarting the app, bear in mind full reception with controller & craft as I have a green light on the controller!
Very interesting will look into that. Nice work

Strange mine works perfectly.

Only users with problems usually post reviews and on the boards.

If things work you just go out and play. If not you get pissed and write reviews.
Then how do so many apps ever get 4 and 5 star reviews? Even DJI GO has a 4+ rating in the app store when looking at the average of all versions. Current version is much less.

I just did another flight today, pushing the envelope quite a bit.

No problems at all, great signal and no breakup of video on my iPad mini 2.

I don't doubt some are having problems, but I for one am not with the 2.4 latest DJI FW and iOS 9.1.

I would bet a lot of others are also doing fine. I would love to find out exactly why some are having severe problems and others not.

Here is my log from today:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

And 7 ratings of 5 stars now on iTunes

Reactions: Wacker2611
And 7 ratings of 5 stars now on iTunes
Don't know what kind of math they use in the App Store. Select "Current Version", and the bar chart shows 8 five-star reviews, 1 two-star, and 15 one-star.
But if you scroll down and look at the actual reviews, there are 2 five-star, 1 two-star, and 15 one-star.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers