P3A compass calibration error

Reaction score
I had a problem calibrating the compass at the weekend. I'd gone to a spot I'd flown at before but the app displayed a compass error and prompted me to recalibrate. I had umpteen goes at this, moving large distances between each attempt and eventually changed the battery as it had gone down to 59%.

The repeating error had warned of high electromagnetic interference and when I changed the battery it struck me that maybe my new Rewire T102 GPS tracker (attached to the legs) was causing the problem. I took it off and the drone calibrated fine.

What I don't know is: was it the battery swap or the GPS removal that fixed it (or neither)?

Anyone else have any compass problems with a tracker mounted?

Avoid running external wires parallel to compass wires.

Compass is in the legs; maybe it was attached to same leg as compass? Battery swap should not affect compass unless phantom rebooted which could have made a difference.

Compass is in the legs; maybe it was attached to same leg as compass? Battery swap should not affect compass unless phantom rebooted which could have made a difference.

Thanks, I didn't know that's where the compass is. How do other folk attach their GPS to the Phantom, velcro on the top of the body?

Might just have been the reboot fixed it. Has happened to me before. Now if I get errors before take off, I just shut everything down and start it back up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4