P3a ce range

How about this scenario, buy a P3A or P3P in the UK and bring it to the US, does it still have reduced range, or do u increase the range??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Numone
It is understood that transmit power is based solely on global geographical location only as determined by the in-board GPS receiver.

So, yes, in the US, per your example, you would have increased transmit power and thus increased range.

It is understood that transmit power is based solely on global geographical location only as determined by the in-board GPS receiver.

So, yes, in the US, per your example, you would have increased transmit power and thus increased range.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was a little worried that I had a European model even though I live in the US and purchased it here also. On The box that your phantom came in does it say on the stickers with the barcodes, mine says (UK) right next to the two barcodes, and on the sticker next to it where it says what model you have (w323a) (gl300b), on that sticker towards the bottom, right above the warning, mine says CE 1313 RoHS. Do all the boxes have the same stickers on them??

I don't have info on stickers and such with regards to 'UK' etc. The only difference I could imagine/guess is the plugs for the charger AC mains but that seemingly is not true based on your report.

As far as containing 'CE' certification, it's not uncommon for a device to carry ALL the applicable certification labels regardless of the intended use area.

I don't have info on stickers and such with regards to 'UK' etc. The only difference I could imagine/guess is the plugs for the charger AC mains but that seemingly is not true based on your report.

As far as containing 'CE' certification, it's not uncommon for a device to carry ALL the applicable certification labels regardless of the intended use area.
Thank you for your quick response. It definitely doesn't have the European plug for the charger, that would've been a dead giveaway. Still wondering about the (UK) next to the barcodes. I guess it really doesn't matter anyway, because you said that it would automatically know which country you're in and either increase or decrease the range through the RC. Right??

I guess it really doesn't matter anyway, because you said that it would automatically know which country you're in and either increase or decrease the range through the RC. Right??

Right.

Correct.

Affirmative ;)

Got this from member facebook group
ac7f9befdcd5599dd1167794c6f9b03a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep, as others have said the P3P and P3A are the same machine with the exception that the P3P has a better image processor board and can do 4K and 10mb/s downlink where the P3A can only do 2.7K and 2mb/s downlink. Both use the same lightbridge hardware which seems to be better then the updated P4. FCC an CE mode just varies the channels and output depending on location. The one different unit is the Japan version which uses 900mhz frequency instead. The lightbridge on the P3P/A line is why they are such a good deal. The P3S doesn't have this and the P3-4K seems to have a more crippled version of Lightbridge.

Does the Japanese model fly even further than the USA (FCC) model as it is on 900mhz?

Does the Japanese model fly even further than the USA (FCC) model as it is on 900mhz?

That's a first for me.

Link??? Data??? Info???

That's a first for me.

Link??? Data??? Info???

I haven't got any information at all as I just quoted the poster bryan_m who stated the Japanese model is different to all the rest as it is on 900mhz.

Cool. Don't own one but never noticed that before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik